Chapter 18: Something's Strange

-Gabriella's POV-

Kenji puts on some music, Darius and Brooklynn are relaxing on some chairs at the front of the yacht, Sammy is searching through a box, Yaz and Ben are jumping into the water. Ben looks over and sees me walking by before swimming over to me "Gabby, why don't you come in?" Ben asks, I turn around to see him.

"Uhh, in case if you forgot Ben, I can't swim" I replied.

"I'll teach you how to swim" he says.

"Still not gonna happen"

"Why?"

"Because I have a fear of water, remember?"

"I had a fear of lots of things before being stuck on this island, remember? If I can face my fears, I bet you can face yours too"

He does have a point.

"Alright, but let me change into something more appropriate for the water"

I go into the bathroom and changed into my black bikini. After changing I leave the bathroom, Ben was standing on the other side of the door, waiting.

"You ready to..." Ben trails off as he stares at me.

"What?" I asked.

"N-n-nothing, it's nothing" he replied, scratching the back of his head and laughing nervously.

I cross my arms and stand to one side as I looked at him with a brow raised "what is it?" I asked, Ben looks at me nervous as he plays with his hands and scratches the back of his neck. "He's acting so cute right now" I thought to myself.

"It's just that... You look... Extremely hot. I wasn't expecting this. Well, I mean, yeah, you were hot already but wow, you look amazing" replied Ben.

My cheeks started heating up as I took in his compliment "thank you. You're hot as well, you know that" Ben smiles at me before he leads me to the roof of the yacht. "Uhh, I don't know about this" I say, nervous, Ben grabs my hand before speaking "you have nothing to worry about. I'll be with you the whole time" he said.

Ben suddenly let's go of my hand before jumping into the water "Ben! You told me that you'll be with me the whole time?" I look down at him and he has a cheeky smile on his face.

"I am! I just want you to jump into the water first. Don't worry, I won't let anything bad happen to you" says Ben.

"That's very reassuring Ben" I replied.

I back up from the edge to give me some space to run before jumping off the side of the yacht and into the water. Ben swims over to me and holds me up so I don't sink.

"You did it! You've completed the first step towards conquering your fear"

"Thank you. Now, are you gonna teach me how to swim or not?" I asked, Ben laughs.

"Alright, the next step is[...]"

After a while of Ben teaching me how to swim and how to stay above water even if I'm not swimming, if that makes sense? I got the hang of it anyway.

"Now, wait here" said Ben.

Ben swims over to the yacht before getting out and going to the roof "this is what running from an Allosaurus then tripping and falling off a waterfall looks like" I laughed as he jumps back into the water.

When I didn't see Ben come back up I started to panic a bit "Ben?" I called out his name, suddenly I feel something tickle me from behind. I squeal and laugh as Ben rises from the water behind me and continues to tickle me.