Chapter 14: New Addition

-Gabriella's Dad's POV-

I was in the bathroom cleaning the toilet, bath, and shower when I heard my pregnant fiancé from the kitchen call out to me. "Chris! I think my water just broke!" Lucy said.

I stopped what I was doing to go into the kitchen and investigate whether or not she's telling the truth. When I went around the corner I saw Lucy leaning on a kitchen counter with a large puddle of water under her.

"Alright, get in the car. We're going to the hospital. I'll go and quickly get the hospital bags while you make your way to the car" I say.

"Ok" Lucy replied.

After I get the hospital bags I head to the car where Lucy was sitting in the passenger seat, looking a bit uncomfortable. I get into the drivers seat and buckled myself up before reversing out of the driveway and onto the road.

"How are you feeling?" I asked.

"My Mom told me contractions are going to hurt, but she didn't tell me they would hurt this much. Owwwwwww!" Lucy replied.

Lucy tried breathing through every contraction she had while I was trying to get us to the hospital as soon as possible. Once we were there I get out and got the bags out of the back of the car before helping Lucy out of the car and helping her walk towards the entrance.

One of the receptionists look up from the desk and sees us.

"Are you OK?" She asked us.

"I'm okay, but my fiancé has gone into labor"

"Alright, I'll get someone to come and take you to a room. What's your name by the way?"

"Christopher Grady and Lucy McGregory"

It wasn't long before a midwife came out and took us to a room, after Lucy managed to change into a hospital gown she goes on the bed and tries to relax knowing we're at the hospital. The midwife checks Lucy to see how far along she is "from what I can tell, you're seven centimetres dilated" said the midwife.

**sometime later**

A doctor comes into the room after Lucy tried her hardest to push "I hear you are having trouble trying to push a baby out? Don't worry, things like this happen. The only thing we can do to help you and the baby is if we do a c-section" he told Lucy.

"Whatever is best for the baby is good for me" she replies.

I know deep down that Lucy would have loved to give birth naturally but she knew she couldn't keep trying if nothing was happening. She tries to do the right thing for others, and that's what I love about her.

The doctors put up a c-section curtain so Lucy and I can't see what they're doing "how're you holding up?" I asked Lucy. "I can feel tugging, but that's it" replied Lucy.

After what felt like hours we heard a baby crying, Lucy and I started crying "Gabby's going to be a big sister" said Lucy, I started crying more.

"You two are going to be overwhelmed, because here comes baby number two" a midwife said.

Lucy and I started balling our eyes out after hearing the second baby "last but not least, here comes baby number three" another doctor tells us after a while.

THREE BABIES?

**sometime later**

Lucy and I are in another room with the triplets, two of them are being breastfed while I get to feed the other with a bottle. We still haven't decided on names yet, we're still in shock.

"We really need to name them" said Lucy.

"I know" I reply.

We ended up loving the names we chose.

Baby #1 - William Oliver Grady
Baby #2 - Tyler Noel Grady
Baby #3 - Madeline Harriet Grady

After the babies were fed they were put back into their crib "I really wish your big sister was here so she could meet you" I say to them as I watch them sleep.

Lucy and I took this opportunity to get some sleep.