Chapter 39: Helping Mae & Gabby

-Ben's POV-

An airlock opens and a BRAD with glowing red eyes walks out. Gabby, Mae, and Sammy were up ahead, hiding behind a tree. I was hiding behind another tree further back with Yaz and Darius, Brooklynn and Kenji were hiding behind another tree next to us.

I then see Mae run out from behind the tree she was hiding behind with a branch in her hands, she runs towards the BRAD. Suddenly Gabby runs out from behind the tree and follows her, she gets in between Mae and the BRAD just as a Raptor jumps on top of the BRAD.

Please get out of there Gabby. I don't want you to get hurt.

Mae and Gabby back up, suddenly Mae falls over. Gabby quickly grabs the branch Mae had, she starts yelling and screaming at the Raptor whilst swinging the branch around. The Raptor grabs her by the arm causing her to let out a scream in pain, she also drops the branch.

My heart broke.

The Raptor tosses Gabby to the side before going over to her and biting her side and then throwing her at a nearby tree. "Gabby!" I shout, worriedly. The Raptor also attacked Mae.

I was about to run out to go see if Gabby is okay when two more Raptors suddenly showed up. The other Raptor comes over and now we're being surrounded by three Raptors.

Sammy runs off and runs up to the BRAD that was on the ground, one of the Raptors follow her. She gets to the BRAD and lifts it's head up and it shoots out a ball of blue electricity at the Raptor, Sammy continued to shoot at the Raptors until they decided to leave.

"Let's go"

Yaz and Darius go over to Mae, I go over to Gabby. Tears in my eyes, I kneel down beside her. I noticed she was unconscious. "Please be okay, baby" I say, crying, before I pick her up bridal style and carried her. We find a nice little hiding spot in another cave. I lay Gabby down carefully next to Mae.

I go outside to keep a look out for any BRADs.

-Gabriella's POV-

I wake up to the sound of my friends voices. I groan, making my friends turn their attention to me "Gabby, are you all right?" Brooklynn asked. Brooklynn was patching me up with some leaves, I look over and saw Mae had leaves wrapped around her wounds.

"I, I think so" I say, I shudder and grunt.

"Don't try to move. You need to heal"

Then I hear Sammy's voice say "I'm sorry. If you all hadn't stopped me, I'd probably be dead right now. Heck, you might be, too" she says, feeling guilty.

"I'm, I'm sorry"

Brooklynn finished patching me up and goes over to Sammy "you facing Kash wasn't about it being the brave thing to do, it was about whether it was the smart thing to do" Brooklynn tells her.

"Easy, B. If Sammy didn't do what she did, we wouldn't have been there to save Mae"

"It's okay, Yaz. She's right"

"Speaking of what was and what wasn't the smart thing to do..." I say, trying to pull myself up with one arm. Almost everyone gasps.

"Gabby! You're awake!"

"I don't think what I did was the smartest thing to do. Then again, it might've been a different story if I hadn't of run out there and stood in between Mae and the Raptor"

"You did what you thought was the right thing to do. Even if it meant getting yourself hurt in the process" said Brooklynn.

Sammy thinks for a moment before speaking.