Chapter 47: An Unexpected Reunion

-Gabriella's POV-

Darius had asked his BRAD-X to play some music. The only kind of music the BRAD-X could play was rock music, which it blasted very loudly. We all covered our ears.

"BRAD, stop!" Darius says to his BRAD-X.

The BRAD-X suddenly shuts it's mouth and stops playing the music. "Sorry, guys. Guess Kash only has one song loaded on this thing" said Darius. Mae chuckles "not to worry. Just hearing you say you locked Kash away is music enough for my ears" said Mae.

We all laugh.

"We trapped Kash! We trapped Kash!"

"Yeah!"

Firecracker runs over to where Kenji was and trips him over by accident. Ben and I run over and Firecracker runs off again, Ben chases after her. "Get back here, Firecracker!" Ben calls.

Sammy, Yaz, and I laugh.

I then follow Ben and Firecracker "here! Whoa" Ben chuckles. "Ah, yeah! No, no!" Ben says as he chases after Firecracker again. "Hey! We're taking the kids to the desert!" We hear Yaz calling out to us.

"Yeah, have fun" replied Ben, whilst trying to feed Firecracker some berries.

Firecracker backs away before running past Ben and I, knocking both of us over. Firecracker runs up to Mae who is holding a twig with leaves on it. "Oh, my berries aren't good enough" says Ben, we both get up.

The way Ben said it made me giggle.

"She expended a lot of energy and needs something more substantial. With those irregular neck movements and increase in drool production, you can tell berries just won't cut it" says Mae, while Firecracker ate the leaves.

"I could make you a nifty dinosaur behaviour chart if you'd like" Mae added.

"Oh, I don't need a chart. I've got my instincts" replied Ben.

I pretended to have a coughing fit "sure, you have" I say in between coughing. Mae giggles as Ben looks at me and gives me the stink eye. "Regardless, you did a good thing, Ben. She's finally free" said Mae.

"But she's still got that control chip in her. If that tech gets into the wrong hands..."

"Then, I guess we better get that chip out of her, huh?"

"Can you do that?"

"Can I... Benjamin, I'm a world semi-famous scientist. [chuckles]. Of course, I can do that. Except, I'll need surgical equipment" Mae replied.

"Aw, man" Ben groans, then turns to see Kenji and Darius in the distance "Gabby, Mae, and I are going to the Med Bay to save Firecracker" Ben calls out to them.

"Cool. Be careful!" Darius replied, both Kenji and Darius waved at us.

The three of us turn around and headed to the Med Bay with Firecracker. We go to a nearby airlock, Mae fed Firecracker the leaves as we walked. "Yes, I have a bond with Pierce, but all dinosaur behaviour, how and why they act the way they do, it can all be determined based on observable data" Mae says after Ben asked her some questions.

"I don't need "science" or "facts" to know what FC does and doesn't like" replied Ben.

We get inside a elevator and took it down to the Med Bay. "That's what you need to know anything, Ben, science and facts" said Mae. Ben was standing next to me with his arms folded and leaning his back against the wall behind him.

"Oh, yeah? Then how do I know she doesn't like this conversation?" Ben asked.

I roll my eyes and shake my head.