Chapter 44: The Angel, The Rebel, & The Firecracker

-Gabriella's POV-

The door opens and we leave the elevator and walk into the Med Bay, the lights go on. We walk across the floor and looked around. "Hey, guys? I think I found it" said Ben. We go over to where he was.

"Looks like there's only three baby dinos in the nursery" he adds.

Ben looks around before looking in one direction, we follow him. He taps a tablet on the wall near a door and information about the baby dino inside the room comes on screen.

""Baby Brachiosaurus. Two months old. DNA extracted from Isla Sorna." Pffft. It won't take me long. Where we meeting after?"

"Med Bay. We'll load 'em on a platform, and figure out which biome to take them to later" replied Brooklynn.

"Maybe I should go with you. In case you need some back up" I say to Ben.

"I don't think I'll need backup. But your company is always welcomed" replied Ben.

I follow Ben into the room and we found the baby Brachiosaurus curled up in it's pen snoring, Ben walks in and sees there's some blueberries in a yellow container sitting on the floor. He grabs a handful of the blueberries.

"Too easy" he says.

I decided to stand back to let him handle this since he obviously has some experience. I leaned against the side of the door with my arms folded, watching him approach the baby Brachiosaurus. Ben puts the blueberries down near the baby Brachiosaurus's head before trying to wake it up.

"All right, champ. Your buddies Ben and Gabby are here to save you"

The baby Brachiosaurus opens it's eyes and sees Ben, the baby dino shrieks and pushes Ben out the way. Ben yelps, the baby Brachiosaurus continues to shriek. It runs around Ben, Ben sits up and rubs his head. The dino runs past Ben and knocks into him "oh!" Ben didn't look happy.

The baby Brachiosaurus continues running around and making noises "shh!" Ben tries to shush the baby Brachiosaurus. The baby Brachiosaurus runs over it's water bowl.

"Uhh..."

The baby Brachiosaurus then runs into Ben making him fall over, grunting and groaning. Watching all this unfold in front of me made me think of my dog. The baby Brachiosaurus's behaviour right now is very similar to Sokka's.

Ben tries offering the blueberries to the baby Brachiosaurus "go on" but the baby Brachiosaurus backs up, low growling. Ben grunts as he and the baby Brachiosaurus run around the pen, the baby Brachiosaurus screeching.

Ben trips over but he quickly gets back up and tries offering the berries to the baby Brachiosaurus again "go on. Take the food" he says to the baby dino. The baby Brachiosaurus low growls at him before running around the pen again.

"Take it. It's food. Take the food!"

The baby Brachiosaurus runs into something and knocks it over, spilling out apples "argh!" I could tell Ben was getting annoyed so I go into the pen. Ben walks over and picks up the apples.

"Bumpy would do anything for a few berries"

Suddenly the baby Brachiosaurus runs into Ben and knocks him over, Ben gets up and pushes the baby Brachiosaurus away and groans. The baby Brachiosaurus cries softly.

"Want help?"

Ben looks at me and he was about to say something back when the dino suddenly bumps into him. He looked at her with an annoyed expression on his face. I walk over to the two and stood next to Ben.