Chapter 11: Several Weeks Later

-Gabriella's POV-

So it's been a few weeks of being stranded on the island, all we've been doing was running away from dinosaurs and hiding from dinosaurs. Until we agreed to make shelter, it ended up being a treehouse because our original campsite was like a treehouse.

Then we saw something in the distance - smoke from a bonfire. We hurried down and started running in the direction where we saw the smoke from. When suddenly we came across a Ceratosaurus.

We didn't really have any useful weapons on us to fight off the Ceratosaurus, but thankfully three adults came to our rescue. Two men and a woman.

After one of the men scares off the Ceratosaurus they take us back to their campsite - it was very posh. They then introduced themselves to us, Tiff and Mitch are a married couple who are here to take photos of dinosaurs and Hap is their guide.

Tiff offered us breakfast in which we gladly accepted.

But soon some of us started to become suspicious of these people, Darius refused to believe Brooklynn because he was bonding over dinosaurs with Mitch. Which she accidentally said something to upset Darius.

Sammy, Yaz, and I follow Darius to go with Tiff and Mitch to go and see some dinosaurs, we ended up seeing some Brachiosauruses. Meanwhile, Kenji stayed behind with Brooklynn to keep an eye on Hap.

Once we returned from our little outing we quickly noticed that Brooklynn, Kenji, and Hap weren't here. We agreed to go look for them but Tiff and Mitch started acting weird and began to pack stuff where they really started to act shady.

Yaz, Sammy, and I all thought that there's something not right about how Tiff and Mitch were behaving. Darius refused to believe us and told us we're just being as paranoid as Brooklynn, and said he would prove it to us. Sammy and Yaz created a distraction while Darius snuck into one of their yurts to investigate.

Me on the other hand decided to sneak away to go look for our friends Brooklynn and Kenji - hoping they're OK. A few minutes go by and I'm walking around the jungle, looking for my two friends.

Suddenly memories of Ben started overwhelming my head, which made me start crying, because I miss him. This stupid island took away the one good thing that happened to me. I never got to tell him I like him more than just a friend.

And I just had to ruin my chances by getting all bitchy with him on the kayak. How smart am I?

Just then I heard some bushes rustling and twigs snapping. I stopped, frozen, my heart literally pounding in my chest. In my mind I thought it was a dinosaur so I quickly thought to just run for it.

Behind me I could hear something chasing me, and it sounded like it was catching up to me. I took a quick look over my shoulder to see if I could see anything but I didn't see anything, but when I looked back to what was in front of me I didn't have time to react so I ended up tripping over a log.

I turned over onto my back and saw a adult Ankylosaurus approaching me, I quickly sit up and started backing away. Then I looked up and saw a familiar face, this person's facial expression changed from angry to surprised once they saw it was only me.

Ben? But he...?

Then I quickly connected two and two together and realised that this adult Ankylosaurus is Bumpy. "Gabby?" Ben jumps down from Bumpy's back and walks over to me. Ben holds out his hand for me and I reach for his hand before he pulls me up.