Chapter 43: Brooklynn Unboxes a BRAD

-Gabriella's POV-

Ben and I head back to the warehouse where the others are and found Kenji and Yaz outside "how's Darius?" Kenji asked Ben and I. "Uh, we probably should tell you when we're with Sammy and Brooklynn" I replied.

We go inside and found Sammy and Brooklynn hiding behind a corner "I really thought I had it this time" I heard Brooklynn say, sounding disappointed. We run around the corner to meet up with them.

"I hate to pile on more bad news, but Kash is making Darius inject the Spinosaurus with his new control chip" said Ben.

"That thing will kill him!" Yaz says.

"And if he doesn't do it, the BRAD-X has orders to..." Ben adds but stops as he was getting emotional.

Kenji puts my hand on Ben's shoulder "B, we gotta switch it out. Like, now. How close are you?" Kenji asked Brooklynn. I could see the look on Brooklynn's face, it said it all, she's no where near finished. I had a feeling this'll be tricky for her, I walk over to her.

"Actually--"

"She's super close. Right, Brooklynn?"

"Well, I--"

"Of course, she is. If she can program AI, she can do this"

"Will you guys just stop! Can't you see you're all putting pressure on Brooklynn?"

"Well if she can make her own electric car, program AI, and build a rocket, I think she'll be able to handle hacking a BRAD" said Yaz.

"I can't do this, okay? I just, I just can't!"

Brooklynn walks away from us and sits down on the ground. I fold my arms before turning to see the others and gave them the stink eye. I walk over to Brooklynn and sat down next to her before putting my hand on her shoulder.

Brooklynn suddenly leans into me and starts crying.

"This isn't one of my videos. This is real"

"Your videos were real" Sammy says, from behind us.

"Yeah, eventually"

Brooklynn then moves away from me and turns around to look at the others. "After about a hundred outtakes and mistakes! That AI programming was way over my head. The rocket I coded kept blowing up and that model electric car? I redid the transmission seventeen times! Darius needs us now, and we just don't have time for all my mess-ups" Brooklynn explained.

Kenji comes over and puts a hand on Brooklynn's shoulder.

"No. We're sorry. Gabby tried to tell us but we didn't listen obviously. We're sorry for putting so much pressure on you"

"And for thinking that hacking a robot would be easy"

"I didn't. I assumed that's why we made Brooklynn do it" said Ben.

"Benjamin!" I growl at him.

Yaz nudges his arm before walking away. I stand up before helping Brooklynn up to her feet "I'm out of ideas. I've tried almost every BRAD-X in here" said Brooklynn. Brooklynn then sees the older model version of the BRADs finishing up with one of the new BRAD-X models.