Chapter 30: Where Are We?

(A/N - hey everyone, I just wanted to edit and change some of the story if that's ok. Only a few things will change, not all of it. Most of the story will stay the same)

-Gabriella's POV-

We emerge out of the cave and found ourselves in a different weather setting, it was like a sunny desert. "This is definitely not Costa Rica" I say out loud.

Brooklynn and Yaz slide down the little slope and sit on some rocks "it's more like Australia? No way we went that far. Right?" Then Kenji puts his hand on Darius's face "Kenji, what are you doing?" Darius asked.

"Making sure we're not dead" replied Kenji.

Darius whacks his hand away "we're not dead!" Darius said before walking away "any idea on where we are?" I asked, standing next to Ben. "Nope. It looks like we're stranded" replied Yaz.

"We just gotta assess the situation" said Darius.

I notice Ben was looking at something so I looked to see what he was looking at and saw something shiny up ahead in the distance. "Hey guys, look at that!" Ben slides down the slope, I followed.

"Over in the distance. Something shiny"

"I see it!" Yaz says.

"Looks the sun is glinting off some sort of metal thingy?" Sammy asked.

"Something metal means someone had to make it. We gotta go and check it out" says Ben.

"Hang on. You want to go walking across a blazing hot desert just because you saw something shiny?" Kenji asked.

"We have no idea what is out there" said Darius.

"Oh, my sweet frightened children. So we're not in "Costa Rica" and we don't know "where we are". And we have "no hope". We didn't know that we were gonna survive on Isla Nublar, and yet we did. By sheer will, determination, and teamwork. There aren't any dinosaurs here! So logically this should be easier, so let's go out there and... You know... Survive!" Ben says.

"Why not" says Yaz.

"We can at least try" Sammy added.

Brooklynn, Kenji, Yaz, and Sammy slide down the slope. Ben jumps down from the rock he was standing on and stands next to Darius. "Good speech Ben" Darius says to Ben before walking away to join the others.

I slide down the slope at the same time as Ben and went to go join the others. "'Cause dinosaurs weren't enough, now we're washed up on some deserted island" I hear Yaz say in the back of the group. Since it's now hot again I decided to take off my grey sweater and wrap it around my waist.

"Well, at least it's a nice day?" Ben says.

"At least, there aren't any mosquitoes here" Sammy replied.

"Yeah. At least, we're not being tortured for eternity by vampires!" Yaz joined in after scoffing.

"Oh, I got one! At least, it's like the beach but with no ocean" Kenji joined in.

That made me giggle.

"Oh, that's a good one!" Sammy replied.