Chapter 16: What Do We Do Now?

-Gabriella's POV-

For a while Ben and I tried to keep our relationship a secret because we didn't want to draw attention to ourselves, but that changed one day when we got caught by the other campers. At first it was a shock but they seemed to have gotten used to us being together, at least I think so.

Today is an exciting day because we're finally going to be leaving this awful island, Ben and I get out of bed and joined the others. I don't know how long we've been stuck here but all I know is that Ben and I have been together for a while.

We make our way to where we put our raft before taking it to where the beach is before getting it into the water and getting onboard. Finally!

Goodbye you stupid island!

"Goodbye Jurassic World" says Darius.

I then see Bumpy running out of the jungle and onto some rocks before letting out a roar, Ben walks away from me and stood next to Darius. "Goodbye Bumpy" said Ben.

I felt bad for both Ben and Bumpy.

"Goodbye you stupid dino island! You thought you could stomp on us. You thought you could defeat us" said Kenji.

"Yeah! You thought you could crush our spirits" Sammy added.

"To be fair, the island did crush my spirit, but then, I defeated Toro" says Ben.

I've forgotten the number of times Ben has told me the story of how he defeated Toro.

"Ugh! Not this again!" Yaz said.

"Ahh, well, Bumpy and Gabby like it when I tell it" replied Ben, holding his arm.

No I don't actually. I only pretend to like it because I know it makes him happy.

After a few minutes go by the sea started getting rocky and it was starting to get windy "uhh guys" I get everyone's attention and we saw a huge wave coming right towards us. We all hang onto something, I was freaking scared because of the fact that I can't swim, Ben is the only one who knows that.

The wave hit our raft causing it to tip over and break apart. The last thing I saw before everything went black was seeing a black silhouette swimming towards me.

-Ben's POV-

After the wave crashed into our raft we were thrown overboard and landed into the sea, the others and I gasp for air after reaching the surface. I then notice Gabby is the only one that hasn't come up yet, and that was when it hit me. She can't swim!

Kenji, Sammy, Darius, Brooklynn, and Yaz swim back to the beach while I dive under the water to look for Gabby. I quickly spot her struggling before she suddenly stops moving, I swim over to her as fast as I could.

I grab her arm and pull her close to me before returning to the surface where I could hear the others calling our names. I manage to get Gabby back to the beach, I lay her down on the sand and noticed she wasn't breathing.

I started doing CPR, everyone else stood there in shock.

"Come on, Gabs. Breathe!"

After two more minutes Gabby started coughing up water, I roll her over to her side so she can get all the water out of her. Everyone sighs of relief, including myself.

I just saved my girlfriend's life!

-Gabriella's POV-

After coughing up the remaining water I roll onto my back and see Ben looking down at me "hey, are you okay?" Ben asks, I replied with a "I think so" before slowly and carefully sitting up with Ben's help.