Chapter 38: Kash

-Gabriella's POV-

Mae, Darius, Ben, and I take Pierce into the desert biome "so now you decide to just drop, "oh, yeah, I can speak to dinosaurs but whatevs"" Mae chuckles at Darius. Ben and I were in the back.

"I guess hiding my personal side project from you all isn't necessary anymore. I was waiting to develop the research more before I shared it with Mantah Corp. Not sure I'm doing that now" replied Mae.

"Yeah. I'd follow that instinct" said Ben.

"Could I... Could I try?" Darius asked Dr. Turner.

She suddenly stops and turns around to look at him. She looks at him for a moment before saying "go on then, you've earned it" she then passes the tablet over to Darius.

"Yes" said Darius.

Darius runs to the front of Pierce, Darius presses a button on the tablet and a growl was heard coming from the tablet. Darius then points to himself.

"Friend. I'm your friend" he says to Pierce.

Pierce makes a grunting noise as a response, Darius presses the button on the tablet again and the same noise comes from the tablet. "I'm your friend" Darius says to Pierce. Pierce moves his head a little closer to Darius and sniffs him before Pierce grunts, Darius gasps.

Darius was gonna pet Pierce on the snout but Pierce moves closer to Darius and picks him up with his head, Darius holds on "hey" said Darius, chuckling. Then Pierce groans and throws Darius off of him. Darius gasps and then grunts as he hits the ground.

Darius sits up, grumbling. Mae goes over to see if he was all right. Meanwhile, Pierce was walking away. "Don't be discouraged, mate. It takes time to build a bond with a dinosaur" Mae says to Darius.

Ben walks over to Darius.

"Actually, Bumpy and I hit it off right away" Ben chuckles.

I walk over and stand next to Ben.

"Yeah. And I had an instant bond with the raptors, especially Blue--"

Darius looks at us and shoots us the stink eye, Darius grunts as he stands up and follows Mae "too soon?" Ben asked "yeah, I don't think we were helping" I replied.

Suddenly Pierce starts roaring, Ben yelps. "Calm down, Pierce. Calm down. Safe" said Mae, Pierce continues to roar "safe" Mae says again. Then presses a button on the tablet and a grunting noise comes from the tablet.

"Safe" Mae says, in a calm tone.

Pierce growls and settles down, Mae goes over to him "poor thing has to be starving" she says, petting Pierce. "Huh?" I look over and see Brooklynn and Kenji running towards us, Ben suddenly yells and throws something.

Kenji gasps and falls over.

Brooklynn bends over panting "Little Eatie is still hurt. The med BRADs you called never went to help her" Brooklynn says to Mae. Mae looks at her tablet and presses some buttons.

"How could your orders be overridden? I thought there was no communication on or off the island" asked Darius.

"There isn't. Someone must be here giving counter orders. Kash"