Chapter 22: Road Block

-Gabby's POV-

Brooklynn got Kenji and I to get some more water while she took care of Sammy, after we got more water we stayed back because we were scared. Brooklynn tells us we can come closer because Sammy isn't contagious.

Brooklynn walks over to Kenji and I and tries to comfort us. Brooklynn, Kenji and I go over and sat down, Kenji sat down next to Sammy so he can try to make her feel better.

"You're really good at this" Kenji says to Brooklynn.

"Thanks. My sponsors make me take like a million first aid classes before sending me on dangerous trips" Brooklynn replied.

"I wish I could have learnt something useful before getting stuck here"

Then Sammy moves and ends up cuddling Kenji "Bessie" Sammy says, semiconscious.

"Even in semiconscious she's still on brand. I remember she told me one time that Bessie was her favourite cow back at home"

"Huh, cool"

"Well...? I think Sammy's trying to tell you how to help"

"Oh, and you think that if I go moooOOO she would--"

Kenji looks down at Sammy and smiles then he continues to moo for her, eventually Brooklynn gets him to change it up by asking him to be a mad cow and stomp his hooves. Suddenly Sammy starts to shiver.

"Please hurry Yaz" said Brooklynn.

Suddenly a loud boom was heard followed by a cloud of smoke that came from Look-Out Point.

"What was that?" Kenji asked.

"That most likely was Ben and Darius creating a distraction" I replied.

After a long wait, Yaz finally returns from the lab with the antidote. Ben and Darius return after causing a distraction for the Scorpius Rex. I moved places with Yaz so she could sit next to Sammy. Brooklynn injects the antidote into Sammy, but it didn't seem to be doing

"I'm here Sammy. Forget about what I said. We will always be friends, I know it may not be easy. Please wake up" said Yaz, holding Sammy's hand whilst crying.

Kenji stands there not knowing what to do, Brooklynn and Darius hug, Ben turns around and pinches his temple with his thumb and index finger. I fall to my knees as I try to process everything, Sammy can't be dead, she's one of us.

Suddenly I hear someone coughing so I look up and saw Sammy open her eyes. A huge wave of relief washed over me. "Hey Yaz" said Sammy to Yaz.

"Hey Sammy" replied Yaz.

Soon after we started packing up the mess that was made by the Scorpius Rex, we were packing things that we'll need for our trip to Costa Rica. I noticed that some people were purposely not packing Ben's carob containers so behind their backs I packed all of Ben's carob containers in my bag.

Even though I also don't like carob I just think it's not fair if we can eat the things we like but not Ben.

"Uhh, where's Ben?" Brooklynn asked.

I looked up and looked around, but I could only see the other five campers instead of six. Luckily we were nearly done packing. When we did finish packing we headed into the jungle to look for Ben.