Chapter 36: Helping Pierce

-Gabriella's POV-

We run as fast as we could away from the BRAD but it was catching up to us "keep left! The airlock to the supply plane is just ahead" said Mae. Just as Mae says that a door up ahead opens and out came two more BRADs with glowing red eyes.

They run out and start chasing us.

"There's another airlock not far from here. The only challenge is--"

"Look out!"

One of the BRADs shoots a blue ball of electricity at us but we dodged it and fall to the ground, we quickly get back up and ran for the airlock. As we were running we were also panting.

"Split up!" Darius yells.

We take his advice and split up "just keep eyes on me!" We hear Mae call out to us. After about a few minutes of trying to lose them, we see Mae open up an airlock.

"Quickly!" Mae calls, waving us over.

We run into the airlock and Mae shuts it behind us. Once we were all inside we bend over and tried catching our breath. The door beeps and locks "okay, okay, that should slow them down" said Mae. But then the door beeps and buzzes open.

"Or not"

We scream and turned on our heels before running for it.

"I'm really beginning to hate these guys" said Dr. Turner.

"Beginning?" Kenji asked.

"Welcome to our world" I added.

One of the BRADs zaps a ball of blue electricity and it hits one of the pipes above us making gas hiss. We run around a corner, Kenji coughs again.

"How do we stop the BRADs from following us?" Sammy asked, looking back at us.

We get to a dead end and turned around to see the three BRADs approaching through the smoke from the gas. Brooklynn gasps.

"I have an idea! You, you guys go on ahead!" Brooklynn said.

"Whatever this idea of yours is it better work" I say.

"Trust me. Go!"

Mae opens the door and it beeps open, we run through the door and end up in the Antarctic "hey! Unauthorized life form over here!" We hear Brooklynn say to the BRADs.

A BRAD shoots at her, she jumps through the door in time before it closes with a loud thud, she lands on the ground and grunts. She gets up and sighs of relief before folding her arms.

"Why is it so... Cold?"

I take my grey hoodie off from around my waist before putting it on but I still found it to be cold, freezing even with it on. I wrap my arms around myself and looked around the new area.

"I thought you said this was the way to the plane?" Yaz asked.

"It is, after we get through this biome. It's cold, but still uninhabited, except for us" replied Dr. Turner. She sighs of relief.

"We'll be safe" she says.

"And here I thought Nublar was the trippiest place I'd ever see" said Darius.

"I am definitely not dressed for this" replied Ben.

I look over my shoulder and see that he was shivering. I walk over to him and wrapped my arms around him, he wraps his arms around me as well.