Chapter 52: Stopping The Presentation

-Gabriella's POV-

Once the BRAD returned and when the BRAD wasn't looking, Ben, Brooklynn, and I quickly went inside the crate and waited for the BRAD to take the crate inside. Once inside, the BRAD walks away. Brooklynn lifts the lid up a little so we could all see what's happening.

Kash approaches Mae "Brb" he says to her before walking away "yep, all right" she replied. We close the lid and Brooklynn knocked on the crate from the inside, getting Mae's attention.

"Hmm?"

Brooklynn and Ben open the crate's lid, Mae gasps.

"There you are" says Kash, grunting as he swings a golf club around, not noticing anything else.

Mae walks over after picking something up from the table and hands it to us before closing the lid right before Kash returned. "Make sure you're putting the right power cells into the controllers. These old ones had neodymium, and if they get within five feet of the control chips, they'll scramble them. Permanently disabling them" we hear Mae say from outside.

The three of us look at the object Brooklynn was holding.

"Stay in your lane, Mae. Who do you think figured that out in the first place?" Kash replied, not realising she wasn't talking to him.

Suddenly, we heard a rumbling noise and then the alarm started blaring. We hear Kash grumble before hearing footsteps walking away, Mae leaves too. We open the crate's lid before leaving the crate and going outside. Around the corner, we found Kash and Mae with a out of control BRAD.

Ben shows her we have two of the devices with us and Brooklynn gives her a thumbs up, Mae nods and smiles as Kash was trying to get the BRAD under control in the background.

"Stop it, you stupid machine!" He says.

Mae walks over to Kash.

"Can't you use your genius brain to find a way to shut it down?" She asked.

Kash growls in annoyance as a response.

Brooklynn, Ben, and I took the distraction as a way to escape and rejoin our friends in the forest. "Nice distraction. Dangerous, but nice" Ben tells Darius.

"So, what did you find out?" Darius asked.

"Only that we can fry the control chips. Show him, Brook" I say, Brooklynn shows Darius the device.

Darius gasps.

We then make our way back to the compound where we went to the investor's suite, we all gasp when we found Kenji standing in the middle of the room with his arms crossed.

"Welcome back. Where were you?" Kenji asked.

"We went to go find Mae. She gave us--" Kenji cuts off Darius.

"So you went behind my back again? I don't care what you found or what you think is going on. My Dad told me everything. He's trying to save the dinosaurs, just like we are"

"How?" Darius asked.

"By controlling them against their will?" Brooklynn asked.

"That's just bullshit!" I said.

"No. You wanna know what is bullshit? The fact that you're all assuming the worst. My Dad's been been nothing, but cool to you. And despite how you've been acting, he's still going to take you all home when this is over" Kenji tells us.

We all look at each other.

"What, you don't believe him? Do you need to break into his office again to get proof? Look, this presentation's really important. Maybe you don't know my Dad like I do, but you do know me. So I'm asking you as my friends to trust me and stay out of it" Kenji finishes before leaving the room.