Chapter 42: From The Inside

-Gabriella's POV-

We came to the decision to have Darius stay in the inside so we can get the information we need to stop Kash. Darius leaves us and quickly goes over to the elevator before it opens, Kash walks out looking angry then Darius hands him the chip. We take this as our que to leave.

We waited until it was dark to go to the compound where we'll meeting up with Darius again. We had to try to be stealthy to avoid being seen by BRADs.

"We still don't know what Kash's next move is, or why he wants to control those dinos" said Brooklynn.

"Uh, I know why. The dude's a total psycho. And the longer Darius is with him, the more danger he's in" replied Kenji, whispering.

Ben started pacing back and forth "he's late" he said, worried and concerned. "What if something happened to him?" Sammy asked, worried. Yaz sighs and touches Sammy's knee with her hand "nothing happened to him" she says, trying to be reassuring.

Yaz turns back and rests her chin in her hand "uh, what if something did?" Yaz asked, worried too. Suddenly we hear the a door open, we turn around and looked, Sammy gasps.

Darius was seen coming out of the door, he closes it behind him before running to where we were hiding. But then there was a explosion near Darius making him fall over, screaming and then grunting once he hit the ground.

We gasp when we see what caused that explosion. It was another robot, this time it can stand on two legs instead of four. Kash walks up from behind the robot holding a golf club.

"I see you've found your new babysitter. Or rather, it's found you. It's part of my new fleet of upgraded models. I call it BRAD-X. After you disappeared, it seemed like a good time to take this baby for a spin. BT-dubs, what are you doing out here?"

"Honestly? I've been cooped up all day, and I'm bored. Can't I go for a walk?"

"Sure you can. And from now on, BRAD-X will be right there with you. And in case, you get any ideas..."

Kash starts swinging the golf club and hitting the BRAD-X with it, but it looks like it's not doing any damage to it. The BRAD-X was unharmed, the golf club however... Kash is going to have to get a new one.

He turns to Darius, grinning. Kash throws the broken golf club at Darius's feet "this new model's virtually indestructible" he says to Darius before walking away.

This keeps getting better and better by the day, doesn't it?

The BRAD-X watches Kash walk away before it turns it's head to Darius. We then see Darius follow Kash towards the compound with his new babysitter following behind him. Darius quickly turns around and holds up six fingers before walking into the compound.

"Six..." Ben says, whispering.

"What does that mean?" I asked.

"No idea. But we need to know what Darius knows" replied Brooklynn.

We then headed back to Mae and told her everything "that coward turned a robot loose on a child?" Mae asked, worried about Darius's safety. She leans forward but groans and holds her side. Ben helps her move back.

"That thing was no joke. Kash went to town on it, and it didn't even get a scratch" said Kenji.

"Just because it's tough on the outside, doesn't mean it's tough on the inside too" says Sammy.