Chapter 50: Investigating

-Gabriella's POV-

The next day comes around and I wake up on Ben's chest with his arms still wrapped around me. I look up at Ben and smiled "good morning" I say before kissing his cheek. I get up and went over to the food table to get something to eat, I grabbed a plate and some bacon and eggs.

From behind me, I heard Sammy sigh.

"The sun is shining, no dinosaurs are chasing us, and most importantly, breakfast is served" she says.

"Feels weird to have nothing to worry about for once" replied Yaz.

"Yeah, definitely. I, myself, am very relaxed" Darius replied.

"Oh, same. I'm, like...[CHUCKLES]...chill [VOCALISING]" replied Brooklynn.

Sammy and Yaz look at each other before walking off.

"You're not though, right?" I asked.

Darius sighs.

"I wanna trust Kenji's dad, I, I really do, but..." Brooklynn cuts off Darius.

"He gives off total liar vibes?" Brooklynn asked.

"One can say that" I replied.

"Yeah. But we can't turn Kenji's world upside down just because of a vibe" said Darius.

"No, but what if it turns out we're right?"

There was a moment of silence.

"Why so doom and gloom in here, bro, lil sis, and girlf?" Kenji asked, breaking the silence.

"Kenji!"

"Morning!"

"Morning big bro!"

Kenji starts to eat something "that's the spirit" he says, his voice muffled. "Man,am I pumped for today? Dad actually wants my help" he adds before walking off to eat his breakfast.

Brooklynn goes over and sits down next to him, she chuckles.

"I'm so happy you're happy, Kenj" she says.

"So, has he mentioned anything about when we get to call home or anything like that?" Brooklynn asked.

Darius and I sit down at the table, waiting to hear an answer.

"Well, you heard him. He just needs a few days to arrange everything safely. Plus, he's super focused on the presentation right now. You get it" Kenji finishes and goes to drink his coffee.

"Right! So, since you brought it up, now that dino fights are off the table, what exactly is he presenting?" Darius asked.

"I'm sure he's doing something super cool using Mae's communication. We really got through to him. In fact, he even asked me to prep for the investor cocktail party. He said, and I quote, "I'd rather you do it than those stupid robots"" Kenji tells us.

"Wow, Kenj. Nice. How about I help?" Brooklynn offered.

"Oh, sorry, B. Dad's gotta get to know you before he'll trust you with an important assignment like this" Kenji replies, chuckling.

"It has taken me a long time" said Kenji, implying that he always wanted his Dad's trust. He rests his hand on top of Brooklynn's. "But after I'm done, maybe we could hang out. Just the two of us" Kenji suggested.

"Ooh, like a date? Huh?" Darius asked.

Ben and I haven't gone a date yet and we've been together the longest... Well, that's probably because we didn't get the opportunity to. But still, it would be nice.