Chapter 19: Dinos In The P-House

-Gabriella's POV-

After successfully scaring off the Ouranosauruses with the fireworks we started cheering "see ya later swimming dinos!" Sammy says. I walk over to where Bumpy, Ben, Yaz, and Sammy were.

"There's my hero" Sammy says to Bumpy, Bumpy ignores her and goes to Yaz.

"Okay, I gotta ask. Yaz, how did you get Bumpy to like you so much?"

"I carry around treats in my pocket" Yaz replied to Sammy.

Yaz takes a handful of berries out of her pocket and gives them to Bumpy, Sammy turns to Ben and I "so, you were just messing with me?" Sammy asked Ben.

Ben laughs before speaking "Bumpy was never in on it either, she's too hyperbolic for that" Yaz pulls out some berries out of her pocket and gives them to Sammy so she could feed them to Bumpy. The four of us pet Bumpy while Bumpy happily eats the berries out of Sammy's hand.

After a while goes by. Yaz, Sammy, Kenji and Darius were talking about something, Brooklynn is standing near the ladder, and I'm leaning my back against the side of the seat with my arms folded as I watch Ben talk to Bumpy from the corner of my eye.

I love watching him interact with Bumpy - it reminds me how I use to interact with Blue, Charlie, Delta, and Echo. Uncle Owen once told me that I'm actually the only person, apart from him, that has a close bond with them. Thinking of them makes me miss them.

The boat suddenly shakes before tipping to the side a little causing me to almost lose my balance and my thoughts. "I'm pretty sure we're still sinking" I heard Yaz say, I looked over at the others.

"Nah, we're just bringing in more water because of, uhh..." Kenji says, looking over at Ben and Bumpy.

"Shhhh, don't listen to him. You're perfect the way you are" Ben whispers to Bumpy.

"Isn't there another non dino infested dock we could get to?" Ben asked.

"Well, there is one near my Dad's P-house" replied Kenji.

"I went before we left" replied Ben.

Then Kenji goes on to explain that he's talking about his Dad's penthouse and how it'll have everything we need "to the P-house!" We all say, excitedly.

When we got to the dock Brooklynn ties down the boat before we all got off. We found some scooters that we were able to use. While the other were using the scooters Ben and I rode together on Bumpy's back.

Along the way we came across a Monolophosaurus, it stopped as we stopped and looked at it before Darius tells everyone that it's harmless and that they normally just keep to themselves.

Then we finally made it to Kenji's Dad's penthouse. Brooklynn takes out the key card that opens everything on the island and used it to open the front door, the light went from red to green and Brooklynn opens the door.

Since the elevator wasn't working we had to climb the stairs to get to Kenji's Dad's apartment, which was on the highest level of the building. Everyone, except for Yaz, was out of breath by the time we finally got to the apartment.

"I. Hate. Climbing. Stairs" I say, collapsing to the floor.

"How is it that. We run from dinosaurs. Yet we get tired from. Taking the stairs?" Darius asked.

"Well. If the elevators. Were working. We wouldn't have had. To take. The stairs" Kenji replied.

As soon as we got our breath back I get up from the floor and saw how amazing this apartment looked "wow! Kenji, this is--" Kenji cuts me off.