Chapter 46: Rescuing Firecracker

-Gabriella's POV-

I ran out from behind the tree to see Ben running up to the Pteranodon before jumping up and grabbing the tablet, yelping and crying. The Pteranodon flies into the air with Ben hanging on to the tablet.

"Ben!"

I ran after the Pteranodon who has the tablet and Ben. I see Ben trying to slide the tablet out of the Pteranodon's beak "let it go!" He shouts. He kicks the Pteranodon's beak which causes the Pteranodon to let go of Ben and the tablet, making Ben fall to the ground.

I gasp before running as fast as I could. Suddenly I felt something land on top of me, making me fall to ground. I open my eyes and saw it was Ben, Ben opens his eyes and looks down at me. Both of our cheeks started going red. Ben sits up and whacks the tablet a couple of times.

Before any of us could say anything the Pteranodon screeches, we look up and see the Pteranodon flying towards us. We both scream. I turn my head away and close my eyes, Ben bends over me and covers his head.

Suddenly we hear a laser buzzing "huh?" Ben sits up and we saw four drones surrounding the Pteranodon. The drones take the Pteranodon somewhere else.

"Okay. Talk about good timing" I say.

"Come on. We probably still have time to get to the waterfall cave before Darius and Kash"

Ben gets off me before helping me to my feet, we run towards where Mae's old quarters were. When we get there we hide in a nearby bush and waited for Darius to come with Kash.

"Gabs, can I tell you something?"

"Sure. What is it?"

Ben inhaled and then exhaled which came out as more of a sigh "you're probably the most stubbornness person I know, but you are also the most strongest person I know, I mean, you were attacked by a Raptor one minute and the next minute you act like you're fine. And that's really inspiring. You're also the most supportive and patient person I know. How in the world did someone like me get lucky enough to have you as my girlfriend?" Ben asked.

"It's simple. There's no one else. I only want to be with you"

Ben takes my hands in his and smiles.

"And there's that other thing I love about you, your loyalty" said Ben.

Ben looks at me and we make eye contact with each other. Suddenly Ben leans in and kisses me passionately "marry me?" he asks after he breaks away from the kiss. My eyes widened "excuse me, what? I'm only thirteen!" I replied.

"I know. But hear me out, okay? If we're still together by the time we both graduate from college, I will marry you, I promise" said Ben.

"Well, in that case, yes"

Ben and I smile at each other before kissing each other on the lips.

Our little make out session ended when we heard Rebel grunting and making all these other noises. Brooklynn and Kenji quickly move Rebel to somewhere safe before Kash, Darius, and Darius's BRAD-X shows up.

Darius turns around and sees us, but Kash has his back turned. Ben and Darius nod to each other, Ben gets ready. "Just a bit closer" he says. He presses a button that made the BRAD-X go closer to Kash's head.