Chapter 51: Investigating Some More

-Gabriella's POV-

The Raptors grumble and roar at us before one of them charges towards us, we all scream, but thankfully something stopped it. We all whimper. The Raptor gets back up and looks up, we look up too and saw a drone hovering in place.

"The drones! Someone moved them to block our way" said Brooklynn.

"Right. "Someone"" Darius quoted.

"Do you think Mr. Kon knows that we saw Kash and Mae?" Brooklynn asked, wondering.

"No idea. But he's clearly trying to slow us down" I replied.

"If the Raptors are still fenced in, then all we have to do is walk the perimeter. Very carefully" Darius spoke up.

A Raptor shrieks at us.

We start walking right next to the drone perimeter and the Raptors follow us but on the other side of the perimeter. "Watch your step" Darius tells us as Brooklynn gasps. One of the Raptors snarls at Darius, causing him to gasp.

Darius breathes shakily.

"Where's the next drone?" Brooklynn asked, looking up.

A Raptor growls in the distance, making Ben gasp, Ben moves behind me as if I could save him. "Sorry to disappoint you, Ben. But I don't know these Raptors well enough" I say, truthfully.

"But don't you have some kind of connection with them?" Ben asked me.

"No, I don't. The Raptors you are referring to are not on this island, besides, most of them are dead" I replied.

"Oh" replied Ben.

Suddenly a Raptor growls and snaps it's jaws at Ben who screams and falls, Darius and I catch him. The Raptors begin shrieking. Ben gets back up on his feet and we continue our way back to the compound.

Once we finally made it back to the compound we run towards the door only to be forced to quickly run out of the drones perimeter and towards a nearby bush because someone brought Little Eatie over to the compound.

We all jump over a fallen over tree stump, panting.

"Now Little Eatie is here too?" Darius asked.

"Why would Kon be trying to keep us away?" Brooklynn asked.

"I don't know, to stop you from getting to the date with his son, maybe?" I asked, wondering.

"I don't think he'll do that to Kenji" said Ben.

Little Eatie roars in the background as she gets taken away. Brooklynn scans the area and noticed something. "There's a small sliver between the drones and the wall. If we can slide along it, we just make it to the door" said Brooklynn.

Ben turns to us, sighing and groaning.

"Lead the way" he says.

We get up and follow Brooklynn. We watch as Little Eatie roars and tries biting the drones as we slide past the drones. We get to the wall and started making our way towards the door.

We were almost there when Little Eatie saw us, we all shriek. Little Eatie roars and comes running over to us. We all scream and duck out of the way right before Little Eatie snaps her jaws.

Little Eatie backs up a bit as we stand up before she roars at us, we all scream. Little Eatie tries to get closer but the drone perimeter is stopping her from getting to us. We all fall over again, screaming, as Little Eatie roars at us.