Chapter 34: B. R. A. D.

-Gabriella's POV-

"Did you you hear that?" Brooklynn asked.

We all go and hide behind a large rock, we poke our heads up from behind the rock to see what it is before a Compy comes out of the bush. "Is that... Did he seriously follow us all the way from the boat?" I laugh a little, shaking my head.

Suddenly a green light appears from behind the bush and started scanning the area, we ducked down behind the rock before the light could get to us. Then we hear a rumbling noise as the bush rustles.

"The metal claw from the desert. It was from one of these things!" said Brooklynn.

I look up at her and Kenji and noticed they were both looking at something so I poked my head up from behind the rock and saw a robot with four legs, it kinda looks like a dog just without the usual ears and snout.

The robot scanned the area with it's eyes shining a green light from them, then a whirring noise sounded from the robot and it's eyes went red.

"Unauthorised life form detected" it said.

It's mouth opened and a zapping noise was heard coming from it's mouth as a blue light ball of electricity was starting to form in it's mouth. We quickly hid behind the rock again just before another zapping noise was heard. We all gasped and started whimpering.

Whatever the heck that thing is it just killed that Compy!

The robot continues to scan the area, Brooklynn and Kenji pop their heads out from behind the rock to see what the robot was doing. They then gasp and move back behind the rock, we started whimpering as we heard it was getting closer and closer to where we were hiding.

Before the robot could even see us we hear Dr. Turner's voice call out to the robot "oi!" The robot's eyes turns red before turning and seeing Mae.

"Doctor Mae Turner, authorized life form. What can I do to assist you?" It asked, it's eyes go green.

"Never do that again for starters. You killed a Compsognathus I could have studied! We don't have any here on the island. Why would you do that?"

"Primary directive is to protect biome ecostasis. Unrecognized lifeforms pose a threat to ecostasis..."

Mae told us with her eyes to get out of there now "finishing patrol" said the robot, the robot was about to turn around but Mae stopped it. "Wait!" The robot turns to Mae. She noticed that we had already gotten away "uh. No, never mind" she says.

The robot turns around and continues patrolling the area.

We were back with our friends having sighs of relief and chuckling too, then we noticed Mae was there "thank goodness you're all okay" she says.

"What was that thing?" Ben asked.

"One of the BRADs. Bio Robotic Assistance Droids. They care for the island, but I had no idea they did that!" Mae replied.

"You mean killing?" Brooklynn asked.

"Back to the cave. The BRADs aren't authorized to go in there, you'll be safe inside. And then, you can explain why you lied to me, and why you were out here in the first place!"

Mae takes us back to the cave. Darius, Yaz, and Sammy were sitting on the couch, Brooklynn sat on the arm of the couch near Darius. Kenji was standing and leaned his back against the wall with his arms crossed. Ben and I were sitting next to each other on the floor.