Chapter 37: Opening Up

(A/N - I have a feeling that season 5 will be JWCC's last season so I'm going to wait for season 5 to come out and then I'll start working on LWD2. And one more thing before I shut up and let you read the chapter. For those who want to know, Gabriella's voice actor is Emily Osment (she used to play Lily Truscott on Hannah Montana) anyway, I'll shut up now. See ya!)

-Gabriella's POV-

Mae takes us to the airlock that leads us to where the plane is, the door buzzes and opens "we'll miss you, doctor Mae. Be safe out there" said Darius. We run out of the airlock.

"Good luck!"

"You're the best"

"Goodbye, Mae"

"Thanks for everything"

We run down the hill panting and then gasp as a plane flys away. We jump up and down waving our arms and trying to call out to the plane.

"No! Hey, wait!"

"Come back! No!"

"Hey! Hey!"

"No, no, no!"

"No! Come back!"

I guess I have to wait a little longer to see my family again. Especially my dog.

We gave up and just watched on as the plane flew farther and farther away from the island. I drop to my knees, tears threatening to fall. "Dang it!" I hear Kenji say.

"This sucks" I hear Yaz say.

Yaz drops to the ground near me and starts sobbing. I move closer to her and placed my hand on her shoulder. Sammy comes over. "Look, guys, I know this isn't what we wanted, but we did the right thing. Right?" Darius asked.

Even though it costed us the flight home.

I look up at him.

"Darius... Let's go check on Mae" said Ben.

Darius and Ben go to walk away. Suddenly Kenji sneezes.

"I knew it. You are getting sick" said Brooklynn to Kenji.

"Fine. I may have caught a little something. And our adventure through winter wonderland didn't exactly help" replied Kenji.

I look back at Sammy and Yaz, I noticed something was bothering Yaz "Yaz, are you okay?" Sammy asked her. "No, Sammy. I'm not" replied Yaz. Yaz moved so she was hugging her knees.

"I keep having nightmares. I thought it would all be okay if we could just get off Nublar. But here we are, still being hunted by robots now, like, like, like dinosaurs weren't enough"

"Oh, Yaz..."

"Even if I do get home someday..." Yaz sobs "...I'm afraid I'll never feel normal again" said Yaz.

Brooklynn comes over and sits down next Yaz "you're not alone. I've been having nightmares, too. Once you've stared down a Dimorphodon, it's hard to forget. I mean, "die" is right there in the name" Brooklynn says.

"So have I. My nightmares usually involve being eaten alive by either the Indominus Rex, the Scorpius Rex, or the T-Rex after running for what feels like forever through a dark and gloomy forest" I say.