Chapter 8: Truth

-Gabriella's POV-

We lost the Indominus Rex for now, thank goodness! We ended up driving to the lab, we get out and went inside only to be met by a slightly crazy man wearing a birthday hat.

He tells us that there was something going on with the other workers and that Doctor Wu created monsters. He asked if we had closed the door behind us, Darius replied "I think so" unsurely.

"You think or you know?"

Then he asked us how we got here, Kenji told him that we came in a van, the man then says "wait, you have a vehicle?" Before running out of the building.

"Uh, guys. I left the keys in the van" said Kenji.

We run outside to see the guy running up to our van before getting inside, Yaz runs after him. Bumpy runs after Yaz and ends up blocking her and knocking her over. In time too because the Indominus Rex appeared and started attacking the van.

After the Indominus attacked and killed the man who stole our van, the Indominus then turned to us and started chasing us. We run as fast as we could, we ended up in something like a maze and tried to hide from the Indominus.

"I could have made the van if Bumpy didn't get in my way" said Yaz.

"She didn't get in your way. She was protecting you" replied Ben.

We see another van nearby and some of us made a break for it while others stayed to distract the Indominus Rex. Darius was the last to get to the van, but once he was inside away we went.

Though this time Yaz was driving, Kenji was in the passenger seat and the rest of us and Bumpy were in the back. There was a bump in the road causing our vehicle to bounce up, a pink phone suddenly falls out of Sammy's pocket.

"My phone!" Brooklynn says.

We all look at Sammy - including our driver, Yaz. Yaz says something but I wasn't listening, I couldn't believe Sammy lied to Brooklynn about not knowing where her phone was.

Suddenly we crashed into some rocks.

After coming back around, we get out of the van to get some fresh air "Yaz, wait!" Sammy goes after Yaz who's walking away.

Ben's kneeling down in front of Bumpy, he's acting like a loving father to her - if I haven't said it already, then I'll say it now. I think I'm crushing on Ben.

But I don't think he sees me in that way. I think he just sees me as a friend.

My thoughts were cut off when I heard people yelling then I realised it was Yaz and Brooklynn yelling at Sammy. "I'm here to spy!" Sammy says, eventually.

"I'm a spy for Mantacorp" Sammy added.

"Mantacorp?" I asked.

"They also make dinosaurs" replied Darius.

"I know. My Dad hates them. One time they tried to bribe him into working for them, when really all they wanted to do was to use his well-known status for their own profit. Mantacorp can't be trusted... So what the hell were you thinking Sammy?"

Sammy then tells a brief story of how she became a spy for Mantacorp. We start walking when all of a sudden we hear roaring and gun shots, we then saw the Indominus Rex being chased and shot at by a helicopter.