Chapter 27: Goodbye Bumpy

-Gabriella's POV-

"Yeah! Remember Bumpy? Well, how do you like her asymmetry now?" Ben calls out to Doctor Wu.

As we were approaching I watched as a man was holding onto Brooklynn's arm and Kenji ran up to try free Brooklynn. Eventually he let's go of her after a Ankylosaurus runs up to them and roared, Kenji grabs Brooklynn and they run away.

Bumpy walks over to where Doctor Wu was "guess who? WOOO!" Ben asks and hits his chest, I laugh and wave. "I'm sorry, are we a problem again?" I say to Doctor Wu, smiling. Ben and I laugh as Bumpy walks away from Wu.

We go up a hill that overlooks the field and watched on.

Yaz and Sammy pick up Wu's laptop and ran, Kenji and Brooklynn run from the man that wasn't letting go of Brooklynn earlier. The man sees Yaz and Sammy with the laptop and turns to chase after them. Sammy and Yaz stopped and turned around to see the man approaching them.

A couple of Ankylosauruses run in their direction, before Sammy and Yaz move out of the way Sammy says something to the man before throwing the laptop in the air. The laptop breaks after it hit one of the Ankylosauruses on the head.

Yaz and Sammy find where Ben, Bumpy, and I were waiting. Darius, Kenji, and Brooklynn make their way over to us. I get off Bumpy's back before going over to Brooklynn and giving her a hug.

Our little reunion was cut short when a helicopter suddenly appeared, we run into the jungle and hoped that the helicopter wasn't going to chase after us. But it did.

"Everyone, duck!" I yelled.

The helicopter also swooped down at us, we dive onto the ground in time for it to miss us - including Bumpy. I look up and see the helicopter flying away.

Before I could say something I heard Bumpy making a noise and Ben laughing "you did great today Bumps" said Ben, hugging Bumpy. Ben steps back to look at Bumpy.

"But I guess this is goodbye. For good. Thank you for everything. I'm gonna miss you pal" Ben adds, hugging Bumpy again.

The rest of us go over and gave Bumpy a group hug as we said goodbye to her. After breaking away from the hug Ben walks Bumpy to her herd before walking back over to us, watching Bumpy interact with her herd.

Brooklynn and Darius come over to Ben, Yaz, Sammy, Kenji, and I.

"Come on you guys. Let's go home" said Brooklynn.

"I never thought I'd ever hear those words" replied Yaz.

We make our way to the dock where our boat was. We took one last look at the island before getting onboard the boat, Kenji starts the engine and pulls away from the dock.

Sammy's asleep on one of the chairs, Yaz is sitting on the one next to Sammy. Darius and Brooklynn are at the front of the boat talking. I'm sitting on the couch behind Sammy and Yaz with my guitar on my lap. I look to my left and see Ben standing with his arms folded as he looks ahead.

Later that day.

Darius told us that we probably should go and choose a room to sleep in since we might be on the boat for a while, after exploring around my new temporary bedroom I started to unpack some of my stuff.

After I had finished unpacking my stuff I went into my very own bathroom to put something away when I saw my reflection in the mirror. I looked like a hot mess. My hair looked messy, frizzy, and dirty, along with some parts of my clothes being ripped. I go back into the bedroom only to hear a knock at my door, Ben was standing outside my door.

He looked nervous about something so before he could speak I allowed him in before closing the door behind him. "What brings you here?" I asked, we both sat down on the bed.

"I just wanted to apologise for being such a jerk earlier. I didn't know what was going through my head. But I realise now that finding myself wasn't the only best thing that happened to me" he pauses before looking at me.

He was about to say something when I stopped him by pulling him closer to me before kissing him "I already told you I forgive you, silly" I say after breaking away from the kiss. He smiles which made me smile.

We both started kissing again.

"I love you"

"I love you too"