Chapter 10: Broken Hearts

-Gabriella's POV-

Kenji, Sammy, Yaz, Brooklynn, and I were going to go and help Darius with Ben, but the door shut in front of us. "Stupid door!" I say, angrily, as the other four and I tried to get the door open.

When we finally got the door open we ran over to Darius in time to watch Ben fall from the monorail. My heart broke, seeing him fall to his possible death, and not getting the chance to tell him how I feel about him.

I fell to my hands and knees and started balling my eyes out, without him I felt empty. Bumpy came over to me to comfort me. After a few minutes of mourning, Darius spoke up.

"We're going back!" I look up and sit back "what do you mean we're going back?" I asked.

"No time, we need to get off this monorail now!" said Darius.

"How are we supposed to do that?" Sammy asked.

"We jump" replied Darius.

"WHAT!?"

We waited until Darius gave us the word before jumping off the monorail and into the jungle, I shut my eyes and prepared myself for impact right before hitting the ground.

I slowly sit up before getting on my feet "guys, I dropped Bumpy when we hit the ground. Bumpy? BUMPY?" Kenji says, calling out for Bumpy.

"We need to go look for Bumpy and Ben--" Brooklynn cuts me off.

"We can't go back for Ben! Ben's gone"

My heart sank realising that I'll never see him again, knowing I never told him that I liked him or even apologised for being bit of a bitch to him made me start to regret not saying anything sooner.

"Speaking of Ben. He wanted me to tell you something, Gabby" said Darius.

Okay, now I'm curious.

"What's that?" I asked.

"He had feelings for you"

I drop to my knees as my heart broke even more "I... I..." I started crying again, Sammy, Yaz, Kenji, Darius, and Brooklynn come over to me.

"I had feelings for him too"

I cried as my heart is officially broken.

-Ben's POV-

I wake up to something licking my face then I realised it was Bumpy "Bumpy!" I pulled her closer to me and gave her a hug. I looked around to see if I could see the others.

"Where is everyone?" I asked, before realising I was now alone.

"Bumpy, where is everyone? Darius? Gabby? Anyone? HELP!"

A group of Compys approached Bumpy and I, I curled up in a ball because I was too scared to do anything. Then I heard Bumpy's little roar before taking out all of the Compys and scaring them all away.

I sat up and pulled Bumpy close to me and folded my arms on her back before resting my head on my arms "thanks Bumpy" I say to her. I lift up my head and looked up at the sky.

"They're probably on their way home by now, good for them. I just hope Darius told Gabriella how I feel about her. I regret that I didn't tell her sooner but I was too afraid of being rejected" I sigh, staring at the sky for a little longer.

"Bumpy, that's it! All we need to do is to get to the ferries. But which way are the ferries at? Oh! I know, the map!"

I get up to my feet and reached inside my fanny pack for the map, but nothing was there, I looked down and saw my fanny pack wasn't around my waist anymore.