Chapter 49: Reuniting Big Eatie & Little Eatie

-Gabriella's POV-

We go to the Med Bay where Mae was and decided to hold off asking her a question because she looked out of it. She held a spoon up in the air "spoons are weird, right? You're upside down in them till you're right side up" Mae chuckles then blows a raspberry.

"Are you feeling all right?" Ben asked.

"Couldn't be better. All fixed. They gave me some thingy-majiggy for the pain"

"Mm. Yeah, they did. I think we should hold off on asking her anything" Yaz looks at us.

Then Mae touches her arm.

"No. Don't leave me alone. This show is too scary"

We look around and saw a laptop screen with a surveillance muted video of Kash banging on the glass wall. "We'll go turn off the feed so Mae can get some rest" said Brooklynn. Sammy goes with Brooklynn.

"No, thanks, I'll just have a salad" said Mae, chuckling.

Darius, Yaz, Ben, and I were left with Mae, we then hear a rattling noise and then we heard growling. Big Eatie turned her nose away from the food that was brought to her.

"Big Eatie's not eating"

Darius decided to go up close to see what's up with Big Eatie not wanting to eat. Big Eatie was asleep and snoring until she opened her eyes, growls, and looked at Darius. Darius gasps.

"Come on, girl. You have to eat. Eat"

Darius presses a button on the tablet he was holding which makes a dinosaur growling noise. Big Eatie growls in response and turns her head away Darius decides to grab a piece of meat and throws it towards Big Eatie, as a response, Big Eatie growls at Darius.

Darius jumps back and falls down but quickly gets back up.

Darius's device beeps and makes a low growling noise "sad" he then looks up at Big Eatie "you miss Little Eatie" he says. After acknowledging Big Eatie's feelings we decided to go back to the investor suite.

Darius, myself, Ben, and Yaz sit down around a table, feeling helpless. Kenji then walks into the room and sees us "hey. What's... What's wrong?" Kenji asked.

"Big Eatie won't eat. She's missing her daughter"

"Maybe if we could reunite them, she'd feel better. Can you say something to your Dad?"

"About that..."

The doors open again but this time it's Brooklynn and Sammy. Kenji turns around and sees them.

"Hey. Where were you two?"

"We were doing some digging" said Sammy, but Brooklynn quickly covers Sammy. "Into what Kash did to Sammy's fam. Luckily, we ran into your Dad, and and he told us the good news" she says.

"My family's fine, y'all. In fact, all the meat here is courtesy of the Gutierrez Ranch"

"That's great, Sammy" Yaz says, chuckling.

"Your Dad's been helping them, Kenj. I, I don't know how to thank him"

Sammy gives Kenji a hug.

"Yeah. I mean, my Dad's awesome. Maybe that means he'll listen" replied Kenji.

"To what?" Brooklynn asked.

Kenji breathes in deeply.

"Uh, the island needs investors. He's still doing a big dinosaur fight showcase" Kenji informs us.

"What?" Darius asked, shocked.

"He can't do that" said Ben.

"Yeah, he thinks dinosaurs just fight all the time anyway, so why not make money on it?" Kenji replied.