Chapter 55: Some Friendly Competition

-Gabriella's POV-

After telling Brooklynn the interesting information we got from the drone on Nublar we suddenly felt another earthquake. We all whimper as we tried to keep ourselves steady but failing.

A pillar falls from the side, I jump backwards towards where Sammy and Yaz were, Ben and Brooklynn leap forward. "Uh, under the desk!" Brooklynn tells us. I crawl over to the desk the others were hiding under and joined them to wait for the earthquake to stop.

"Aftershock?" Ben asked.

"Nah. This one's bigger than the first one" I reply.

"What's going on around here?"

After a while the earthquake stopped, we slowly get up and looked around to see what's been damaged. The tablet starts beeping, Ben gasps "Darius!" He said.

"He's okay, but Big Eatie's not. We have to go help" Ben added.

We went and found a snow glider before driving it to where Darius was with Big Eatie, Brooklynn opens the door and gets out. "Hey, Dino Nerd. Need some help?" She asked.

"Thanks, guys. Just in time" Darius replied.

Brooklynn sits back down on the seat and backs the glider away a little. Yaz gets out and tied the chains around the tree with Darius. Darius and Yaz run to the snow glider and get inside before Brooklynn started the engine. The engine revs as Brooklynn tries to pull the tree off Big Eatie.

All the rest of us could do was to watch out of the back window, hoping we can free Big Eatie. But then Little Eatie shows up from around the tree in front. She roars before slowly approaching.

"Hurry!" Yaz tells Brooklynn.

Little Eatie sees her mother trapped underneath a fallen tree then nudges the snow glider, we yelp and scream. Brooklynn changes the gears and steps on it, the tree that was on Big Eatie snaps.

Big Eatie gets on her feet and roars.

After the Eaties walk away we get out of the snow glider. "So, based on the fact that they're not displaying evasive behaviour anymore, I think we're done with earthquakes for now" Darius says.

"You really are starting to understand them" said Brooklynn.

Darius then sits down on the edge of the glider.

"They're easier than some people" replied Darius.

Then out of the blue Yaz spoke up "Sammy, Ben, Gabby, let's, um, uh... Go over here" Yaz suggested, obviously wanting to let Darius and Brooklynn have some time to talk.

"Why?" Ben asked.

Yaz grabs his hand and pulls him down from the glider, he yelps, before following Sammy and I to a different area. After a while Darius and Brooklynn found us and told us to go to Mae's old quarters, so we did.

We all decided to sit down and have something to eat. Darius and Brooklynn sit down on the couch, Yaz also sits comfortably on the couch, Sammy is sitting on the floor, Ben is sitting in the comfy chair, and I'm sitting on the arm of the chair.

"When Mr. Kon comes back, he's gonna want the rest of the control chips" said Darius.

"We gotta destroy them" said Brooklynn.