Chapter 41: Meeting the Spinosaurus

-Gabriella's POV-

The two dinosaurs were getting riled up and roar at each other as they continued fighting "how could we let this happen?" Yaz asked. Brooklynn and Kenji joined us.

"What's going on? Why isn't Darius stopping this?" Sammy asked.

"There was a bunch of BRADs. We had to take cover" says Kenji.

"We lost sight of Kash" Brooklynn tells us.

"That means he could be in there with Darius" said Sammy.

"Which is probably why Darius isn't stopping the fight. It's because he's got company"

We watch on as Big Eatie and Pierce continued to fight each other. "What can we do? Big Eatie and Pierce are gonna kill each other" Sammy asked, whispering.

Brooklynn looks up and gasps.

"The drones are forcing them together. Split up. We need to knock 'em out of the sky so Pierce can get away" Brooklynn tells us.

So we did, we split up. Brooklynn and Kenji climbed up a tree to try to whack a drone with a branch, I was with Ben and Yaz trying to throw rocks at the drones. After I try throwing a rock up at a drone my side started to hurt, I cringe and hold my side.

Ben looks at me and sees I'm holding my side "are you okay?" He asked, after attempting to throw a rock at a drone. "I'm fine... Just... Decided that I want to give myself a small hug" I reply, lying.

One thing I forgot. Ben can read me like a book so he can pretty much tell I'm lying. Ben rolls his eyes and shakes his head. "I know you're lying to me, Gabby" said Ben.

I sigh.

Before I could say something Yaz hits a drone with a rock "nice!" Ben says, Kenji and Brooklynn walk up to us "two down" said Kenji. Then we watched as Big Eatie came up to Pierce, she used her jaw to grab Pierce on the back before picking him up and throwing him to the ground.

"Pierce!"

"No!"

"Come on. Get up!"

Big Eatie walks up to Pierce, snarling. Big Eatie roars before leaning down towards Pierce "no!" We all say. Before she could go for the kill a drone gets in front of her and stops her.

We all sigh in relief "wonder why he stopped them" said Ben, confused a little. We then see Darius walking out of the compound with Kash and two BRADs.

"At least he's alive?" Sammy said.

"For now" replied Yaz.

We then see the two BRADs, Kash, and Darius walk onto the same metal platform that had Big Eatie laying down on it. "No! Where is he taking Darius?" Yaz asks.

"Mae might know where they went" I thought.

We turn around and headed back to the cave where Mae is hiding in. Once we did get back to Mae we told her everything that had happened.

"No!" Mae said, and sighs.

"I'm sorry. This is just... Big Eatie's already been through so much, and I practically raised Pierce. And now, Darius is stuck with that monster" Mae adds.