Chapter 17: Dimophodon's Attack

-Gabriella's POV-

I lost my thoughts after arriving at the top of the mountain, once the doors open I walk out and see Sammy and Kenji to my left looking through a look-out thing. Yaz and Brooklynn were busy getting the hang-glider, I go over to Brooklynn and Yaz.

"How's the hang-glider coming along?" I asked.

"We need something to break open this lock" replied Yaz.

"I can handle that. I've done a Brooklynn unboxes video of me unlocking a lock with my hairpin"

"That's gonna take forever, all we need is a rock" Yaz replied to Brooklynn.

Okay, I'll just go and see what Sammy and Kenji are up to.

I go over to where Sammy and Kenji were and before I could speak Yaz and Brooklynn come up the stairs saying "guys, we gotta go! There are--" a Dimophodon flew down and landed in front of Sammy and Kenji before squawking at them.

I was going to turn the other way and run to Yaz and Brooklynn when I saw another one land in front of them as well "is there a nest nearby?" I asked, Yaz and Brooklynn look at each other before Yaz replied.

"Yeah"

"That explains it. They're trying to protect their eggs! We gotta get out of here!"

"How? These creepy bird dinos can fly" Kenji asked,

"These are called Dimophodons. My Dad once wrote a book about how to tell the difference between a Pterodactyl, Pteranodons, and Dimophodons. It was a children's book, but it was very informative--"

"GABBY!" Everyone yells my name.

"Right. Uhh... [Dimophodon swoops down and lands] AHHH! Okay, umm--"

"Hey, here's a quick question. Has your Dad ever written a book on how to get away from a dinosaur?" Yaz asked.

"No. Maybe it's because we're the first people who have to"

The Dimophodons creep closer. Yaz and Brooklynn back away, Sammy and Kenji try throwing something at the one in front of them. I back up until my back is against something, that something moves and I fall onto my back in one of the sky gondolas.

"Kenji! Sammy!"

Sammy and Kenji see me trying to fend off a Dimophodon, Kenji hits it with a chair before he and Sammy run into the gondola I was in right before the door shuts.

"Phew! That was close" said Sammy.

"Yeah, I don't think your boyfriend will want to hear that you were eaten by dino birds" said Kenji.

As a response I shake my head and roll my eyes before giving Kenji a gentle punch on the arm "ouch! What was that for?" Kenji asked, confusedly. "You and Ben make a cute couple. I'm still trying to come up with a ship name for you two. What do you think about Gabben? You know, as in Gab and Ben" said Sammy.

Sammy continued making up suggestions for a ship name but I paid no attention, Kenji noticed something was bothering me "what's wrong? Did Ben do something to you?" Kenji asked.

"No, he'll never hurt me. I'm just worried about him, that's all" I replied.

"What is making you worry about him?" Sammy asked.