Chapter 23: An Old Friend

-Gabriella's POV-

We follow the colourful dinosaurs until Kenji remembered where we were so he knew where the dock would be. We run into the direction where Kenji said the dock was when we had a close call with the Scorpius.

Thankfully we managed to get away, we run to the boat feeling excited and we board the boat. Sammy decided to hug the boat but she ended up throwing up over the side of the boat.

That kinda reminds me of the first time I met Ben.

Minutes later the Scorpius Rex appeared on the dock "oh no" says Brooklynn, Kenji quickly went to the wheel and drove the boat away from the dock. After a while Kenji takes the boat back to the dock. We leave the boat and headed up the ramp where a Stegosaurus greeted us with it's tail, scaring us.

"Oh no. Guys look!"

We found the limousine Yaz was driving earlier but it was in a really bad condition, it was smashed. Sammy then told us that Ben and Darius got away because she found footprints on the ground.

We followed their footprints into the jungle where we came across a baby Brachiosaurus after noticing a lot of the trees Brachiosauruses like to eat were knocked down. The girls and I went over to the baby Brachiosaurus and started petting it. Kenji wasn't pleased because we were supposed to be looking for Darius and Ben.

"She's looking for her herd" said Sammy.

"Why should we care about what happens to the dinosaurs?"

"Because life is worth protecting. The Scorpios Rex wasn't meant to be let out, Doctor Wu knew that when he froze it" replied Brooklynn.

Kenji then looks at the baby Brachiosaurus and gives in. He then tries to sound like a Brachiosaurus by making a noise similar to what Brachiosauruses sound like.

The rest of us joined in, and soon enough we heard an adult Brachiosaurus call back before we heard large and heavy footsteps coming our way. Then we saw a adult Brachiosaurus appear and the baby Brachiosaurus walked up to it. They both walked away and we were standing there feeling very happy that we got to reunite a baby Brachiosaurus with it's parent.

Suddenly I found Kenji's captain's hat on the ground, Kenji takes it out of my hand and puts it on his head. Then Yaz found more footprints, which belonged to Darius and Ben. As well as another footprint that looked like it was the Scorpios Rex. We followed the footprints until we got to a familiar place, the old Jurassic Park visitors centre.

We also had a slight scare when we came out of the bushes but it turned out to be Darius and Ben. We run up to them and they run up to us before giving each other a group hug.

After ending the group hug Darius and Ben tells us that there's actually two Scorpios Rexes, and Darius has a plan to stop them. Brooklynn tells Darius that whatever he has planned to count us in.

"Great. Let's go find some Scorpius Rexes" said Darius.

I look up at the tree behind him because I heard something and saw the Scorpius Rex, well one of them, in the tree! "I don't think that's going to be hard" I say.

Darius looks at me and sees that I'm looking up at the tree behind him, he turns around and sees one of the Scorpius Rexes in the tree. We quickly run away as it jumped down from the tree, we ended up going inside the old visitors centre.

When we thought we were safe we were then met with the other Scorpius Rex.

Darius tried shooting at it with his tranquilliser gun but missed, we then had to run as the Scorpius Rex leaped forward to try to get to us. We ended up going into a kitchen area to hide.

I found another door and I thought it would be a great hiding spot but as soon as I opened it I quickly closed it because I saw a very dead and a very frozen Raptor inside. I joined the others in hiding behind a nearby table. After a few minutes we heard something force it's way through the door by bringing down some of the wall too. It was the Scorpius Rex.

Kenji quickly turned on the stoves to distract the Scorpius Rex, it worked. We run past and headed for the front door "but what about the other Scorpius?" Sammy asked.

"I'll take my chances" replied Kenji.

We get outside but we didn't get very far because a familiar Raptor jumped in front of us and roared at us. I knew who that is! But before I could say or do anything I was dragged back inside.

Kenji, Darius, and Sammy hold the door shut as Ben, Brooklynn, Yaz, and I stand there not knowing what to do until I had a random idea. "Let her in!" I say.

"What? Are you crazy? Do you want us to be killed by three dinos?" Kenji replied.

"Just trust me--"

The door suddenly swings open - pushing Kenji, Darius, and Sammy back. Blue jumps inside and gets ready to attack the others until I ran in front of everyone.

"Gabby what are you doing?!"

"She won't hurt us. Trust me" I reply.

The others probably were confused but they didn't try stopping me from trying to get Blue's attention. I stand my ground and raised one hand in front of Blue.

"Hey girl, remember me?" I asked Blue.

In response, Blue stands up a little and tilts her head to the side before coming closer and sniffing my hand and then she realised who I was.

Our little reunion was cut short when the Scorpius Rex found us, I quickly look away from Blue to see the Scorpius Rex closing in on us, the other one was trying to climb inside from the window above. I looked back at Blue, but before I could speak I saw Darius going over to the side to pick up his tranquilliser gun.

I ran over to him and stopped him from picking up the gun. Blue followed me.

"What are you doing Gabby? I need to--"

"Let me handle it"

I let Darius go before standing up and turning to face Blue.

"Blue, please help us" I say, pleading.

After a moment, she runs towards one of the Scorpius Rexes and started attacking it.

We were about to leave because if the building collapses on us we would be toast but Darius stops us because he said that they would be too, referring to the two Scorpius Rexes.

After successfully knocking over something that was holding up the building we run outside as fast we could. After the building collapsed we get up from the ground and looked back at what used to be the visitors centre from Jurassic Park.

I turn around and saw Blue standing there. I slowly approach her before she let me touch her snout "thank you for helping us Blue. You're a good girl" I say to her.

I started crying, Blue rubs her snout against my chest and closes her eyes.

"I'm sorry about Charlie, Echo, and Delta. You four were and still are the best friends I could have asked for. You were there when nobody else wanted to be my friend. But I guess this is goodbye, because we're gonna be leaving the island for good. Before I go, I just want you to know that I love you Blue. You always will be my best friend"

I take my hands away from Blue before stepping back, Blue opens her eyes and looks down at me. She nods her head a little before running off into the jungle.