Chapter 22

Manik reached his office and frowned seeing the media on the gate and went through the back exit.

The office was empty as it was sunday and he walked to the conference room.

Sara was there with the PR of the company.

Manik took a seat and they looked at him.

"Mr. Malhotra you need to first tell us about what is truth and what happened. ",They asked and Manik explained everything to them.

"Okay cool it's no issue then. We can handle this. We will find this bartender and get him to confess and I hope Mr. Vikram can help us with the CCTV footage from that night. That will prove what you said was because you wanted to get away from her. We can then file a defamation case on her. ",The head PR said and everyone relaxed.

Manik was lost in thought.

" It couldn't be this easy.",he thought to himself.

"You need to see this.",the assistant of the PR spoke as he switched on the TV .

"We informed you guys this morning about Manik Malhotra coming out of the closet and this news had shocked everyone around him. He is still unable to reach. Media houses are waiting outside his home and office to get in touch with him but there is no response from their side. We tried to get in contact with his employees but seems like they are scared to speak. An ex-employee has come forward to speak about it.

"How long have you worked under Mr. Malhotra?",the journalist asked him.

"3 years.",he said and the journalist nodded.

"So what do you think about this scandal? Is it true? ", The journalist asked him.

" It can be. I worked on the same floor directly under his team. He always kept his distance with all his employees specially the female employees. He hires more male employees to work directly with him. Infact I have never seen him talk to a women in the 3 years of me working under him other than business. ",He said and they nodded.

" What the hell is this? How does it even prove that I am gay? Are you kidding me right now? ",Manik asked annoyed as he watched the interview before taking a deep breath.

"Mr. Malhotra we need to do something soon. It feels like they had planned it before.",the head PR said and Manik nodded before thinking about it.

" What if we don't do anything?",he asked and they looked at him surprised.

"I mean what's wrong with being gay. I mean I am not but I don't see any problem to why people are creating such a big issue about it and how it's going to affect my business. I mean c'mon its 21st century. People are more open to this now. ",Manik said and Sara looked at him surprised at his stupid suggestion.

"Mr. Malhotra you are right but people still don't think the way you do. They still don't accept this and the stock prices falling is a sign of the same.",She tried to explain to him.

" Manik we can't do nothing. The clients are calling to confirm if it's true. Even Mr. Bhaskar called. ",Sara told him.

" I don't believe he has a problem working with me just because he thinks I am gay. He is not like that. ",Manik said firmly.

" More than that. They have a problem with you lying and hiding the fact. ",Sara said and he looked at them confused.

" There are multiple articles published labelling you as a liar. They think you were knowingly hiding your identity and pretending because you were ashamed. You never came forward openly in support of the LGBTQ community and if the recording wasn't leaked you would have continued to do the same. Mr. Bhaskar is calling to confirm if that's the reason why you hide for so many years. We need to do something. ",Sara explained and he frowned.