Chapter 23

Nandini was dressed comfortably in her shorts and strapped top. She sat on her bed as she watched the series with her eyes moving to her phone once in a while.

"I am an idiot. I am supposed to be angry at him.",Nandini said flipping her phone and watching the series silently.

She got tired after a while and watched the time. It was quite late.

She shut the laptop and got freshened up ready to sleep.

Her eyes moved to her phone again and she picks it up.

"He didn't call.",She murmured and felt angry at herself for getting her hopes high.

She turned other side as she thought about everything half asleep and felt her phone vibrate.

She picked it up lazily.

"Hello?",She whispered a little sleepy.

"Nandini",She heard Manik's voice and sighed.

"Yes.",She said a little happy but upset too.

"Were you sleeping? I am sorry it took longer.",he said and she nodded cuddling with her pillow.

" Can we talk?",He asked in a whisper and she hummed.

"I am sorry.",he said and she nodded.

"It's fine Manik. I get it you had so many things going on. I should've been more understanding about it.",She said and he frowned.

" Can you not do that please.",Manik said and she gets confused.

" I know I was at fault and I am apologizing for that. So don't take the blame on and make it look like you were the one who was wrong. It makes me feel more guilty.",Manik said to her and she sighed.

" It's fine Manik.",She whispered and there was a comfortable silence.

Nandini wanted to ask him if he was okay, what is he thinking but kept quiet letting him take the initiative to talk to her.

"Nandini",he whispered and she hummed a yes.

"Is it... Is it okay to be nervous?",he asked and she blinked to register his words properly.

"Yes it is. Everything will be fine. You will be okay tomorrow.",Nandini said motivating him and he gave a small smile.

"I don't know why I feel things will not go as I planned. Its scary to not be in control of your life.",Manik whispered and she held the phone to her other ear.

"It's okay to go with the flow and let loose sometimes. You don't always have to control it. Sometimes things fall apart to fall in place.",Nandini said and he smiled feeling a little at peace hearing her.

" It feels nice talking to you.",Manik confessed and a blush covered her cheeks at the compliment.

" Go to sleep Manik. You will have a long day tomorrow.",She said as she tried to keep her eyes open.

" Thank you.",He said and she smiled.

" Goodnight Manik.",She whispered before putting the phone down and falling asleep with a smile on her face.

Manik entered his office building and found eyes on him.

He ignored them and walked to his office.

Sara gave him his coffee and a brief of his appointments.

He nodded as he drank his coffee.

"The press conference is in an hour.",Sara said and he nodded again.