Chapter 14

It was the day before the fashion show. Everything was done from the lights to the music, security, invitation. The dress rehearsal the day before went great. Manik looked more comfortable now but Nandini was worried he would freeze in front of the crowd.

She kept the thought aside and went on to check the dressing room and the backstage.

The interns gave her the report about the outfits and the timings of when who will arrive and she nodded.

"Everyone takes the rest of the day off. You guys did an amazing job till now but the main test will be tomorrow. So be ready. I will see you tomorrow early morning. Everyone be on time. Goodbye. ", Nandini addressed them and they nodded.

" Am I having the rest of the day off too?", Aditya asked her.

"Yes you too.", She replied smiling and he thanked her and went away.

Nandini drove her car to the nearby Cafe and ordered herself a coffee as she sat by the window.

She thanked them for the order before looking up.

"I just ordered a coffee.", She said.

"That man over there ordered the dessert for you. ", The waiter said and Nandini turned to find a young man looking at her.

From his looks, he looked to be a businessman with the nice suit he was wearing. She nodded at him and looked at the order.

"Can you order whatever he is having again and put the bill on me? Give him this note. Thanks.", Nandini said writing something on the tissue paper and smiling at the waiter.

The waiter goes back and Nandini continued having the coffee in peace.

Soon Navya joined her and gives her a hug surprising her.

"You scared me.", Nandini said to her.

"Who do you think would hug you other than me? ", Navya asked teasing her.

" After you cheated on me for Cabir. I have found someone for myself too. ", Nandini said in reply and she looked at her not believing her.

"As if you would give someone a chance.", Navya said and Nandini glared at her.

She eats the dessert.

" Did you order that for me?", Navya asked enjoying the cake.

"No, that gentleman sitting over there did.", Nandini replied looking outside the glass wall.

" Don't tell me you ordered back for him too. He looks familiar though.", Navya asked as she watched the waiter give him something and him looking at them.

"I didn't want him to get the wrong idea and it would be rude and a waste of food to return the order. ", Nandini replied and Navya rolled her eyes.

" You are hopeless. Anyway, let's go. We are going shopping and having fun today. I know tomorrow will be stressful for you. ", Navya said and Nandini nodded as she asked for the bill and settled it before getting up.

That man stopped her way and she looked at him.

"Hey", he said and she looked at him confused.

"Ishaan Singhania.", he said forwarding his hand and Nandini still looked at him and nodded.

He dropped his hand and showed the note she wrote for him.

"I got your note. Can I get your name?", Ishaan asked smiling at the note.

" Nandini Murthy. Now if you please. ", She asked him to leave her way.

" Nandini", he spelled out the name and smiled.