Chapter 73

It was 6 in the morning by the time they finished and they were waiting for Manik to be waking up any minute now as the doctor said.

Ishaan's phone pinged and he moved aside seeing it was Mira.

"Give me a few hours. I will get back to you.", He said sighing as he hung up and turned around to see Cabir raising an eyebrow.

"What happened?", Cabir asked him.

"Someone published an article claiming Manik was so drunk he passed out. They are claiming him as irresponsible and careless for getting drunk on the foundation day of the Malhotra Groups. There are pictures released of us carrying Manik outside. Our faces are blurred but it's obvious who we are with the suits we are wearing.", Ishaan informed him everything, and Cabir nodded thinking over it.

"We expected this to happen anyway. We will handle it.", Cabir said patting his shoulders but Ishaan shakes his head in no.

"It doesn't end here. There's an article about the chairman too. Something along the lines of how many people he cheated with during his 30 years to achieve what Malhotra Group is today. There are so many proofs to deny it as rubbish. There is even an article about how the chairman started the Malhotra Groups by taking over the company he inherited after marrying Anjali Malhotra and then cheated on his own people. It's a complete mess out there.", Ishaan said frowning hard and Cabir clenched his jaws.

"Please tell me there's nothing about Annie or Manik with this.", Cabir asked and Ishaan nodded in no making him sigh in relief.

"What should we do?", Cabir asked him frustrated knowing the situation is far worse now.

"The board will try to move the meeting forward and looking at the scenario I feel the vote will go to Shravan.", Ishaan said his worries, and Cabir nodded thinking about a solution.

"Let's wait for a few hours. If Manik wakes up well, We can discuss and put up our statement. We will have 2 days if I am assuming correctly.", Cabir said and Ishaan nodded knowing they can now only wait for Manik.

He saw the delivery man bring cake and smiled taking it from him as they walked inside the room to see the girls sitting near the sofa with the room cleaned up.

"Here's the cake. Cutie go wake up your sleeping beauty.", Cabir said putting the cake down.

Nandini frowned sadly giving him a pout.

"As if he would wake up like that. Why don't you try it?", Nandini asked frowning and Cabir shrugged.

"Fine. Sorry, Babe.", Cabir said kissing Navya's cheek as he walked closer to Manik and others looked at him curiously.

"Good Morning Manik.", Cabir said in a soft whisper as he ran his hand through Manik's hair softly.

"Happy Birthday.", Cabir said kissing his forehead and Nandini frowned hard as others chuckled.

"He just kissed on his forehead. Stop being jealous.", Ishaan said to Nandini who pouted in reply.

"Cabir he won't wake up like a sleeping beauty. Sit down and wait.", Mukti said and Cabir frowned hard.

"But the doctor had put him to sleep for 5 hours only to rest his brain. It's been extra two hours. Maybe he will wake up with a kiss on his lips just like sleeping beauty.", Cabir said teasing Nandini about it.

"Don't you dare get any closer to him.", Nandini warned him and he chuckled.

"I don't know why I am suddenly getting flashbacks of the time you kissed my girlfriend and teased me.", Cabir teased and Navya laughed loud along with others as Nandini narrowed her eyes at him.