Chapter 33

He looked at her and smiled a little as he wiped the ice cream smudged around her lips.

Her eyes widen at his touch and he leaned down to her eyes.

"Do you seriously like me?",He asked and she gulped the ice cream she had in her mouth and stared at him.

"Or is it just a crush?",he added and she was now a little confused what he wanted the answer to be.

She wanted to lie and say it is a crush and she will be over it but she wanted him to know how deep her feelings ran for him.

"What do you want me to say?",She asked in a whisper finding her voice.

"The Truth.",He said with a small smile as he looked ahead.

"I had so much time to think about it in the past few days. If it's not just a crush and you seriously like me than we can give it a try.",He said and she looked at him surprised as the spoon fell down from her hands.

He smiled a little at her response and turned to her taking the ice cream tub from her hands and putting it on the top of the car.

"After your confession, I thought that maybe I lead you on some way and while I was thinking about it. I realised my actions have always been different when it comes to you. It's not a surprise that I treat you special. There's just something about your presence that I enjoy a lot. It feels nice to be there for you by your side and share things with you. I don't know if this is what you feel when you said you like me. If it is then I think we can give it a try and see where this goes but before that I am very new to this. I can be difficult to deal with and you would need a lot of patience. I can get angry for silly things. I may not share everything with you at once but would want you to tell me. I will take my time to open up about things that you yet don't have any idea about but I can promise you that I will be honest to you always and would make it up for you the best way I can if I upset you. So think about it and tell me what you want to do. ",Manik said looking straight in her eyes and she felt like a dream. She couldn't believe he was asking her to give them a chance.

" You can take your time to think about it. I didn't want you to stress about us with the competition coming up so I decided to tell you about my thoughts. If you don't want this than we can just ignore it and pretend it never happened. ",Manik said thinking about how she had a panic attack because of being stressed and how tired she looked.

She wanted it but now that it was infront of her she couldn't help but second guess everything.

Manik waited for her to answer but when she didn't he realise she needed to think about it.

"It's getting late. We should get back .",Manik said her as he picked the ice cream tub.

"Let's finish it first then we will leave.",Nandini said and he nodded as he offered his spoon to her seeing she dropped hers before.

She offered him a bite and he looked at her surprised before eating it.

"If I am being honest. I had no intention of ever telling you how I feel about you. I was still in a phase of whether I should give myself a chance or not when I accidentally told you.",Nandini said honestly as she took a bite of the ice cream before offering him again.

"You must have an idea about it already. I have a past with Vihaan. I am still not comfortable talking about it. It will take me some time to open up. You okay with it? ",Nandini asked as she turned to him sharing her ice cream with him.

" I can try. ",He said knowing well he can't stop himself from asking questions.

" Relationship is new for me too. I don't know how it works. I can be messy if you haven't noticed yet. I like having my space. I hardly get angry but I don't know why the fuck I get so emotional around you, So you would have to handle me. Sometimes I have days where I don't feel like talking to anyone and can be moody. I am a little sensitive to accepting help from others. I am still working on that.",Nandini said stating her worries just like he did as she ate the ice cream and turned to him.