Chapter 28

Nandini looked at her and wondered where to start. Should she start from the very beginning of her life or from Manik's entry. Should she leave any thing out or give out all the details.

"Stop overthinking this. I just wanna know what's going on. Why do you seem so worried lately.",Navya asked putting her hand above hers and Nandini sighed.

" There's something you don't know about me and Manik's first meeting. I didn't want you to worry about it so I never told you.",Nandini started knowing she deserved the full story and Navya smiled.

" I know about the misunderstanding. Cabir told me.",Navya assured her and Nandini looked at her surprised.

"Cabir knew?",She asked confused because as far as she knew he didn't.

"Mukti made Manik confess to Cabir about it. He felt quite guilty and shared it with me. I can't tell you how grateful I am to have you. I know you have my back always and I want to have yours. ",Navya said happy to have her in her life and Nandini smiled nodding as she pulled the blanket over her legs.

" So that was kind of our first meeting but following that we kind of connected well. We started talking and I mean really talking. We were honest to each other about the question asked. It was simple questions at first but then it got deep and soon we were sharing our past and worries with each other. It felt nice talking to him. I went shopping with him. He bought me a gift. We became good friends. I was happy with our friendship and bond.",Nandini said as she recalled all those moments with a smile on her face.

" So What's the problem?",Navya asked confused.

"Something happened we had an argument and I realised I shouldn't be as hurt as I am. It didn't make any sense and I realised maybe I have a crush on him. It scared me. You know how it goes after that. I put distance between us. Didn't talk to him or see him for more than a week and when I saw him again I realised it didn't work and it wasn't just a crush like other times. We kind of sorted it out and had very less conversation after that. But one night changed it all. We went out for an ice cream and a drive later. There was something different. I can't explain it but that was when I decided to stop running away. Maybe give it a chance. It was the night you came back home after a fight with Cabir.",Nandini said her feelings recalling each incident that made her fall for him harder and Navya nodded with a smile watching her happy.

" We fell in a routine of him picking me up, having coffee and dropping me to office. It was the time when the rumour started and we didn't meet each other for 2 weeks. That was kind of hard. I missed him. He called one night for dinner and we went out. To be honest it was the best time I had. That night I talked to him about my parents. It's so easy to talk to him about anything. I decided to give myself a chance. I knew he wouldn't want it but still I decided I won't run away anymore from my feelings because I couldn't even if I wanted to. I already came quite far.",Nandini said with a lost expression and Navya held her hands.

" It's nice you are giving yourself a chance. You both deserve this. I know Manik is a great guy. Why are you so worried? Is it because you think he doesn't feel the same?",Navya asked her seeing how insecure and sad she looked suddenly.

" Yes and also because I don't want to hurt him. I know that he has finally started trusting other people. I don't want to spoil our friendship. I am a mess and I don't want him to get involved and deal with my insecurities and fears. Also, I can't understand him. There are times when I feel maybe he feels the same way. He teases me, flirts with me but then he is nice to others too the same way he is to me and I wonder if I am just overthinking this and he is just being friendly and nice to me. I don't want to hurt him or myself. I have decided I won't act on it till he is ready but it's hard when he flirts or jokes with me one minute and the next he gets friendly with someone else. I don't know what to do anymore. He probably doesn't have any interest in me. He always tries to set me up with Ishaan.",Nandini said sighing as she looked down and felt relieved to let it all out.