Chapter 70

"What do you want now?", Nandini asked annoyed as she eyed Ishaan standing in front of her.

Honestly, she wasn't expecting Manik because she knew he was mad at her and hurt too. He won't be back until she explains to him everything but she still hoped he would at least give her a chance to explain and come back first.

"Can I come in?", Ishaan asked hesitantly as he ran a hand through his hair.

"Weren't you mad at me? Why are you here?", Nandini asked him narrowing her eyes still a little hurt from what he said earlier.

"I am sorry. I got ice cream.", Ishaan said lifting his hands to show her the box and she sighed letting him come in still frowning.

"What happened? ", Ishaan asked softly sitting in front of her as she opened the ice cream box.

"Now you want to hear me out?", She snapped not able to stop herself and he sighed knowing he was at fault.

" Sorry. I was really worried after knowing he was involved and you decided to talk to him alone and not hear me out so I freaked out a little. ", Ishaan explained and Nandini sighed eating the ice cream knowing he was worried for her.

" You did the same. I told you how desperately I wanted to do this on my own and you still went alone without consulting me. I am not some delicate thing like you guys are treating me. I have been independent for a long time now and I know how to handle myself. Stop treating me like I will break down for little things. I can take care of things on my own. ", Nandini said annoyed and Ishaan sighed knowing he hurt her with his actions and words.

" I am sorry. Growing up with 4 women in the house, I have been the one who always came for help with dad busy with business and I have got habituated to not letting them worry and handle everything alone. The same goes for you now. I wasn't thinking much when I went alone to meet the model. You were stressed last night and I just thought you would be happy I got the details. I am sorry you felt like I was treating you differently, It was not my intention. You know very well I respect you so much. ", Ishaan explained sincerely and Nandini nodded feeling a little silly after hearing him as she stuffed her mouth with ice cream.

" Tell me what happened from the start.", Ishaan asked looking at her and she opened her mouth to answer when the door opened and Navya walked in.

" Hey. ", Navya said looking at them before joining them as she pulled Nandini in a hug.

" You okay? ", Navya asked looking at her and Nandini nodded before glaring at Ishaan.

" I didn't tell her. ", Ishaan said shaking his head.

"You should have.", Navya said slapping his head.

"Manik came over. I just got pieces of information before I was driving over to check on you. Cabir and Mukti are with him right now. Tell me what happened?", Navya asked looking at her still worried. 

" He was still angry?", Nandini asked her in a whisper and Navya nodded feeling sad for her.

" Cabir was trying to make sense to him.", Navya tried to assure her and Nandini looked down at her ice cream that was melting slowly.

"I really didn't have a choice or I wouldn't have gone with him knowing Manik would get angry. After I explained that, he calmed down a little but then he started asking silly questions making it look like I was enjoying spending time with Shravan, I got annoyed but then he asked if I thought Shravan was being honest and I knew he wouldn't have been happy with my answer but I had to be honest with him so I said yes and the next second I was outside my house and he was driving away.", Nandini said in brief and Navya pulled her in a hug.