Chapter 31

"Fire her?"

His lips curled up amused hearing her. How did she get the idea of him firing her was way beyond his imagination. He realised he was smiling and looked back at her with a blank face. He was still angry at her for not even trying to talk to him for a whole week and now she was just assuming stuffs without asking him.

He picked up a magazine and tossed it on the table.

She looked at him surprised.

He gestured towards the magazine and she looks at the cover.

It had the news about the 36th International Festival of Fashion, Photography and Accessories of Hyères.

She had heard about it before. It was one of the biggest competition that was held every year. Top Fashion designers, photographers take part in this fashion week and compete with each other.

She looked at him still confused what he wanted from her.

He sighed and pointed his finger at the magazine.

"I want you to take part in this. ",He said and she looked at him surprised and stood up in disbelief.

" You want me to take part in this competition. Are you kidding me? It's on International scale for god's sake. There will be people from all over the world much experienced than I am. Just a few minutes back you said that my designs are ordinary and I have no skills. People will laugh at me. This competition is no joke. ",She said trying to make some sense to him.

" Ms. Murthy. ",He said calmly cutting her off as he sat in his chair.

She closed her eyes annoyed hearing him say Ms. Murthy but kept quiet.

"Start preparing about it. I don't want to repeat myself. ",Manik said ending the conversation and she tried to argue about it again.

He raised his eyebrow challenging her and she frowned.

"Yes Sir.",She replied sarcastically and walked out from his office.

"He is so annoying.",She said shutting her door and Aditya laughed looking at her.

"Get out.",she said annoyed and he smiled shrugging her off.

"Check those files once and I forgot to tell earlier Nikhil Malik is back. I bet he will be more annoying than Manik.", Aditya said with tease in his voice and Nandini frowned more gesturing him to leave.

She sat back on her chair and looked at her files.

"You don't want to see the Manik Malhotra everyone fears.",She murmured under her breath mimicking him.

"Huh? Why does he have to be so scary yet look so sexy.",She wondered before shaking her head trying to focus.

"I am angry at him. Yes angry.",She said slapping herself.

"I don't like to repeat myself. Ms. Murthy.",She said annoyed and then frowned more thinking what she is supposed to do now.

The competition was quite simple. You have to register for the festival and then submit a look for your collection along with 7 sketches of your collection within 2 weeks. After that there will be an initial selection along with a final selection from the jury's and top 10 designers will be chosen to exhibit their collections and be a part of the festival.

Honestly she was excited about this competition but she knew she wasn't ready yet. She would have given it a try but after hearing him today she wasn't confident about her skills not to forget Malhotra Groups name and reputation will be on her.