Chapter 30

The ride was silent with Nandini and Navya occasionally talking.

Navya soon fell asleep tired and Nandini felt her eyes dropping too. She had hardly slept for 2 hours last night.

"What happened with Navya?",Manik asked Cabir.

"She doesn't want me to meet her father tomorrow. I mean we are together for more than 4 months now and she still don't want me to meet them. Is she doubting this? Is she not as serious as me?",Cabir said upset at her actions and Manik frowned.

"She herself is surprised with her father's visit after 3 years. You should understand her scenario too. She can't just go straight to him and introduce you as her boyfriend. Stop thinking nonsense. ",Manik tried to knock some sense in him.

"But she could have suggested me meeting him the next day after she had said him about us. I mean her mother knows about us. She denied completely. ",Cabir argued and Manik sighed.

" She would have a reason. Talk to her first before coming to conclusions. ",Manik explained him.

Cabir just nodded as he glanced at the girls who were sleeping now. Navya's head on Nandini's shoulder as her leaned on the seat.

"What's going on with her?",Cabir asked him gesturing towards Nandini.

Manik just shrugged in reply not wanting to talk.

"You know sometimes I think about how unfair life can be to her. I mean she deserves so much yet she has only a little. I wonder how people can leave her behind and be rude to her. She is such a cutie pie. I can't imagine the struggles she have faced in her life. Getting judged and blamed for things she didn't do. She is so strong for not letting all of that break her. ",Cabir said as he looked at Nandini sad thinking about her life.

Manik stared at her as well as Cabir's words made him remember all the things she have told him about her life and recalls her struggles.

"Why are you suddenly thinking about this?",Manik asked him narrowing his eyes.

"Navya told me her father blames Nandini for her decision to give up management and take up being RJ. I wonder how she will manage herself with his presence.",Cabir informed him and Manik frowned.

Manik felt sad for her and looked outside to calm himself. He was still angry at her for leaving him alone with Monica and also avoiding him since morning for no reason.

They soon reached the city and the girls slept throughout the way snuggling with each other.

Cabir turned back as they stopped in the traffic and clicked a picture of them.

"Cute.",he mumbled looking at the picture and then showed to Manik who smiled a little before looking at them.

They reached their apartment and Cabir got down before opening the passenger door for them.

He leaned closer to Navya and lightly shakes her.

"We are home. Get up Baby.",he said softly and she looked at him opening her eyes tired.

"C'mon.",Cabir said gesturing her to stand up and get out.

He then lightly shakes Nandini who woke up with a jerk and looked at him.

"We are home.",he said softly calming her and she nodded as she looked around.

They got down and leaned on each other sleepy.

Manik took out their luggage and looked at them before looking at Cabir.

"Don't sleep here.",Cabir said as he took one luggage from Manik and walked them inside.