Chapter 4

Manik gets back to his work but his mind was stuck thinking about whatever Sara said.

He picks his phone and calls Cabir.

"Hello Manik Malhotra. How did you call me today?",Cabir teased and Manik rolled his eyes.

" I wanted to ask what are you doing today. We can hangout. ",Manik said and Cabir frowns.

" I was actually having dinner with Navya and Nandini and then we were going out. ", Cabir said him upset to deny his offer and Manik frowns.

" Okay fine, You enjoy. I will ask Mukti. ",Manik said letting it go and Cabir thinks about it.

" Why don't you and Mukti join us. I am sure they won't mind and I will introduce you guys properly too. ",Cabir suggested happy about his thought.

" I don't think that's a good idea. Anyways you enjoy. We will go out some other day. ",Manik said upset thinking hard and Cabir nods confused.

" If Sara is right and Nandini is actually innocent and I misunderstood her then I don't want to cause problems in Cabir's love life because of me. It's a nice thing I never told Cabir about her or I would have destroyed his chance at love. ",Manik thought and Cabir calls his name over the phone.

" Where are you lost? ",Cabir asked suddenly and he nods in no.

" So tell me what's going on with you? ",Manik asked shifting the conversation.

" Everything is going fantastic. I am actually happy. I never thought I can ever like a girl so soon but I really like her. You are gonna like her too. She is amazing.",Cabir said smiling as he thought about her.

" I am really happy for you man. I will see you soon.",Manik said and Cabir nods and they hung up.

" Did I really screw up?",Manik asked himself as he thought about it again.

"I still have my doubts but Sara and Cabir both can't be wrong.", Manik wonders and frowns.

"You frustrate me Ms. Murthy.",he said to himself and sighed distracting himself with work.

Manik changed into a nice outfit and reached Mukti's place.

"Do we really have to go out? I mean we can hang out at my home.",Manik said as she got inside the car.

" We can but the only reason I agreed is because you promised for a fun evening and staying at home with you without cabir isn't fun.",Mukti said and Manik glared at her.

" So Cabir is serious about her.",Mukti said and Manik nods.

" I don't like this feeling of being stuck.",Manik said and Mukti frowned and patted his arm.

" Its okay Manik stop thinking about it. If you are thinking you misunderstood her then maybe you did, it's not too late give her a chance now. Stop being hard on yourself.",Mukti said rubbing her thumb over his hand.

" It's the first time that I have judged someone wrong and I still doubt if I was actually wrong.", Manik said a little frustrated and Mukti nod in understanding.

" I understand you Manik. Give it some time. You will figure it out.",Mukti said assuring him and he nod thinking about it.

" Okay now enough. We are going out after a long time. Let's have fun and get drunk.",Mukti said getting excited as she turned the volume up and Manik smiles as he speeds up the car.

They reach the club and Manik gives them the key to park the car as he walks to Mukti and she wraps her arm around him as they walked inside.

"What do you want to have? The usuals?",he asked and she nodded as they took seats in the bar stools.