Chapter 66

Nandini took Nikhil and Aditya out yesterday and they had a nice catching up over lunch. The clothing line was going well and they were receiving good feedback and offers. She was happy things were finally on track.

Today was Sunday and they were all going out to celebrate Manik and Navya's birthday party. Cabir had taken Navya out for her birthday on Friday and they had come back late last night.

The doorbell rang and she opened the door expecting the girls and smiled wide seeing them.

"What are you cooking?", Mukti asked smelling the wonderful aroma.

"I was free so I baked some brownies.", Nandini said as she shut the door behind them.

Navya walked inside the kitchen and took a small piece to taste.

"That's delicious. God, I miss having you as my roommate.", Navya said with a pout.

"I told you. It's still not too late. You can come back.", Nandini replied and Navya smiled pulling her in a hug.

"And what is she going to do when you move in with Manik.", Mukti asked and Nandini shakes her head.

"It's still early for us.", Nandini replied with a blush wondering what it would be like living with him.

"I doubt. You both behave like a 10 year married couple who are still in their teenage love phase.", Mukti described making them laugh at the comparison.

"Come on we need to get ready for the party.", Nandini said ushering them to her bedroom and they all followed.

Nandini had picked a mint green satin dress that ended on her mid-thighs and was backless with a few straps tied together. She paired it with black boots and a black jacket. Her hair was tied in a bun with a few strands left out.

Mukti decided to go for red and picked a v neck strapped high low dress. Her one leg was open while the dress reached her knees for her other leg. She paired it with thigh-high boots and left her hair open in curls parted from the middle.

Navya picked a square neck straight sequin dress ending at her mid-thigh with nude heels. She tied her hair in a straight ponytail.

"I think we outdid ourselves.", Mukti said as they all looked at each other in the mirror.

"I can't wait to see their faces.", Navya said and Nandini smiled excitedly too.

They all clicked pictures before walking out, locking the house behind.

The girls decided to come together and meet the boys directly at the club. Manik wasn't very happy about it but agreed nonetheless.

Manik glanced at the mirror and nodded appreciating the outfit he wore. It was a plain black-fitting t-shirt with grey ankle pants and white sneakers. He wore his sunglasses and watch and smirked turning to the other two.

Cabir was busy clicking selfies on his phone while Ishaan was entertaining Oscar playing with him.

"I have always wanted a dog. I really should get one.", Ishaan said petting Oscar.

"You are getting all his hair on your pants.", Manik said and Ishaan frowned and started cleaning them.

"Let's go. We are going to be late again.", Manik said to them and they raised an eyebrow.

"And whose fault is that. Mr. I can't wear black who ended up wearing black.", Cabir taunted as they started walking out.

"At least it's not full black this time.", Manik defended as he picked up his jacket and they went out.