Chapter 69

Manik had left early in the morning leaving her a note that he will probably be busy with the preparation of the event the whole day.

Nandini sat on the dining table with her breakfast infront of her. She had lots to think about. Yesterday was a long day. She didn't know if it marked as their first real fight as a couple. It wasn't actually a fight for her just a small argument. She had agreed to wait till the event to talk but she was worried about him. Was he okay? Is he tensed? What happened yesterday? Was it the chairman or shravan?

Nandini knew she will be going crazy if he doesn't tell her soon and that was what was taunting her more.

When Manik read the journal entry, she was surprised, happy and very curious but she remembered something he said that day which has been haunting her now.

He had told her that day he talks to her because she talks to him back. She doesn't force him to talk. She is just like his personal diary and he can talk to her about anything.

Was it her who changed over the time. She recalled being okay with whatever he had to offer. She would never question him back and those were the times he would willingly talk to her. Maybe she really was forcing him to share things now in a way. Something he never liked earlier.

But can anyone blame her for it. She was okay earlier with what he had to offer because they were just friends. She didn't know the depth of his pain and how hurt he felt underneath. She knew he holds back because he fears she will get hurt but she wanted him to talk to her no matter it hurt her or not. She knew he only relaxes completely after sharing with her what's bugging him. How can she not worry for him after knowing that? It's not like she is stubborn about it and asks him to share his past. No she wants him to talk to her about his day. If there's something about Shravan or the chairman or the work pressure. She wants him to be able to talk to her freely.

Maybe forcing is not the correct word. She worries for him and let's him know from time to time she is there for him. She just keeps giving him a little push when she knows he needs it to let out his emotions and talk.

Nandini tried to relax as she quickly got ready and went for work.

Nandini was on a lunch meeting discussing with the representative of lakme company about an upcoming fashion week where they want her to take part.

They walked outside and she bid her goodbye before taking out her phone which was buzzing inside her purse and saw it was a call from Ishaan.

She was expecting a call from Manik but realised he is maybe busy with his work and sighed calling Ishaan back.

"Hey, Sorry, I was in a meeting.",Nandini apologized as he picked up the call.

"No worries. I have news.",Ishaan said excited and Nandini gave her complete attention to him.

"I got a call early this morning. I knew you were tired from last night so I didn't want to disturb you and left alone to meet her. ",Ishaan said and Nandini frowned hearing him, she wanted to go by herself.

She was tired of men in her life taking decisions for her assuming she is delicate or can't handle it.

"I wanted to be there. You should have told me.",Nandini expressed her disappointment and Ishaan apologized again.

"I am sorry but that's not the point. I met her.",Ishaan said changing the topic and Nandini shifted her legs getting impatient.

"And what did she say? Did she agree to anything? Did you know who was blackmailing her? Anything?",Nandini asked as she starts walking to the parking.

"I am coming to meet you.",Nandini said not hearing him answer and Ishaan sighed.

"Breathe Nandini. Yes I talked to her. She didn't say much, repeated the same lines from all those years back but she tensed when I mentioned about someone else involved. So I was sure we were right with what we were going but there's something. I don't know why but I felt like she wasn't blackmailed to create a scandal just to hide it from the world.",Ishaan said his thoughts and Nandini leaned on her car and frowned.