Chapter 10

Soon Cabir, Mukti and Navya were out dressed comfortably.

They all went to a nearby place for lunch.

"I am feeling quite excited.",Navya said with a little jump on her steps as they walked out after having lunch.

Nandini smiled and looked at the rest.

"So where to first?",Mukti asked him.

"Well first we are going to the base village from here. The trek is beautiful and passes through the forest. It takes about 3 hours including the breaks. We will rest there for some time and then the trek to top is about 2 hours. We will camp there and then next morning we come back down visit the nearby places and back to here.",Manik said like a tourist.

" Have you been here before?",Nandini asked him and he nodded.

" Came once during summers. It was beautiful. I did trek at night and there were fireflies and the clear sky. It's a sight to watch.",Manik said and they all were amazed.

" Are we going to see fireflies?",Navya asked him.

"I don't think so. They don't come in this season but I promise you the sight will be beautiful. It's monsoon so there will be greenery and waterfalls. You guys will enjoy it.",Manik said and they all got excited.

" Can we take a stop by those waterfalls?",Cabir asked him.

"Well if we have got extra clothes. Why not.",Manik said and they all cheered.

"Lead the way Captain.",Mukti said pushing him front.

He smiled as he guided them and they all walked on the small muddy trek.

"It can be a little slippery so be careful.",Manik said them and they nodded.

They took a left turn.

"What's in there?",Nandini asked him pointing to the right turn.

"It leads to another trek.",Manik replied and She nodded.

"We are entering the forest.",Manik said them.

Cabir was making videos and clicking pictures of them as well as the surroundings.

"This forest is beautiful.",Mukti said spinning a little.

"So Manik. Why is it the first time you are bringing me here? Where was I when you came here the first time? ",Cabir asked upset looking at the beautiful view.

"Well if you are asking then I must tell you were busy spending time with your ex girlfriend on the beach.",Manik said smirking and Cabir glared at him.

" She wasn't my girlfriend.",Cabir defended himself and gave an innocent smile to Navya who laughs.

" And where was I?",Mukti asked him.

"I don't know but I remember asking you and you said something along the lines of I will get bored with you without cabir.",Manik said narrowing his eyes at her.

She pouted and gives him a big hug.

"You know na how much I love you.",She said blinking her eyes at him and he looks away.

" I know I know. Now stop being cute.",He said pushing her away and she hits his arm.

" Hey guys, look.",Navya said and they all turned to see a peacock on a tree.

"Its so beautiful.",Nandini whispered as Cabir takes a few pictures.

"When I last came here there were mangoes hanging around on those trees.", Manik said them and they all got jealous.