Chapter 13

Her phone rings and She picks it up.

"I got the deal.",She heard over the phone and looks at the call Id to confirm it was Manik.

"Congrats.",She said with a small smile.

"Thank you. Now as promised I will treat you. Are you free now?",he asked.

" It's not needed. You already gave me company that day and also I did nothing. It was all you.",Nandini denied rolling her eyes.

" I am not hearing your excuses. Are you free?",Manik asked her ignoring her.

She sighed.

" Yes I am but Manik seriously it's not needed.",She said tired and not wanting to argue with him.

He paused for a while.

"Okay fine. Me and Mukti are going out at night. Come with us. I will pick you up at 8.",Manik said her and She frowned.

" I don't want to go. You guys enjoy. It's a week day and I don't want to thrid wheel you guys.",Nandini said shutting her notebook.

" You won't be third wheeling. You will be saving me from third wheeling. I am not hearing you anymore. Be dressed, I will pick you up at sharp 8.",Manik said determined.

" Manik you aren't listening. I don't want to go out.",She said rubbing her forehead.

" I know Navya and Cabir are out. You will be probably just lay around at home. So why don't you just hangout with us or you don't think of us as your friends. ",Manik asked her irritated and she sighed loudly.

" You know it's not like that.",Nandini said calmly.

"Okay deal. I will see you at 8. Bye bye.",Manik said not letting Nandini speak and hanged up.

Nandini frowned at the phone getting angry at him and tried to calm herself before getting up and walking home.

She changed herself into a comfortable attire and made herself some coffee and sat on the sofa putting on a movie with her tablet in her hand.

She picked her phone to order a pizza and looked at the time. 7:30.

"I told him I won't go.",She assured herself and ordered a pizza for her.

She distracted herself with drawing on the tablet as she watched the movie in between.

The bell rings and she takes out some money from her wallet and goes to open the door.

"Here",Nandini said opening the door and then frowned.

"You are not the pizza guy.",She said pouting.

"And you are not dressed.",he said frowning back.

"I told you I won't go.",She explained herself before peeking out for the pizza.

Manik forwarded the pizza from behind him.

"I took it from him.",Manik said her and she took the pizza and gave him the money.

He frowned before following her to the sofa.

She extended her legs on the table and put the pizza box on her legs having a slice.

"What are you doing?",Manik asked annoyed putting the money on the table.

"Relaxing.",She said struggling to get the cheese inside her mouth.

Manik makes a face and gives her tissues.

"I told you I will be here at 8.",Manik said irritated.