Chapter 43

Nandini was trying to keep her eyes open to watch one of her favorite movies with her friends but the hectic day and lack of sleep from last night took over and she fell asleep.

Manik felt her shift and realized she moved closer to him.

He turned to her and saw her sleeping soundly with a small smile on her face. He put her hair away from her face and let her sleep.

Navya looked in that direction to talk but smiled as she watched them and made eye contact with Mukti gesturing for her to look.

They both smiled in secret before continuing the movie in silence.

Manik turned to her every once in a while between the movie and smiles seeing her closer than before as she used his arm as her pillow now.

He couldn't stop himself from looking away from her. She was looking so beautiful sleeping in his arms. He didn't care if their friends caught them almost cuddling and teased him.

He just watched her and played with her hair for the rest of the movie.

Cabir looks in their direction and smiled as he watched the foolish smile on his best friend face and knew he was far in deep for her.

The credits rolled in and Manik looked up to find all three of them looking at him and cleared his throat.

"She slept in the middle of the movie.", Manik explained and they nodded with a teasing look on their faces waiting for more explanation.

"I will just put her in bed.", Manik said as he looked down at her and they looked at him surprised.

"You will?", Cabir couldn't help himself asking.

Manik just gave a nod before picking her up easily and walking to her room.

The three of them shared a surprising look. It was just some months down when he asked Cabir to pick her up when she fainted at his house. The progress between them within these months surprised them.

Manik put her down on the bed and she opened her eyes from the movement and looked at him still sleepy.

"Go back to sleep.", Manik whispered leaning closer and dropping a kiss on her forehead.

She smiles before going back to sleep.

He covers her with the blanket and walks out to see them waiting for him.

He took a seat and finished the leftover beer in the bottle as he cleared his throat and faced them.
"Are you going to explain what was that?", Navya asked with a smirk on her face as she copied the position Nandini was sleeping in, with Cabir.

Mukti laughs seeing Cabir too getting in act whereas Manik rolled his eyes at his immature friends.

"As I said she was sleeping and why so many discussions? Mukti sleeps on me all the time. Your boyfriend does too. ", Manik answered her back and she frowned not finding anything else to counter him with.

"Anyway I wanted to talk to you about something.", Manik said as he looked at them seriously.

"Yes.",They said as they looked at him curious.

"I have an invitation to attend the fashion competition in hyeres, france.", Manik started and they nodded gesturing him to continue.

"I know she said she doesn't celebrate her birthday and stuffs. I was thinking if we can you know attend the competition supporting her. We can surprise her for her birthday too.",Manik suggested them and they all thought over it.

Manik was thinking about it since yesterday. He didn't want her to spend her birthday away and alone in a new country specially when it's her parents death anniversary too. He knew she would be happy to have them around her even if they just sit in the hotel room and watch a movie or play some games instead of going outside and celebrating her birthday.