Chapter 44

Nandini was all packed and ready to leave.

Mukti had a book event that she had to attend and can't miss so she came over in the morning and helped her pack and said goodbye.

Navya had a special episode today on the radio with some celebrity that she couldn't shift so she wasn't coming to the airport as well.

"Nandu, you ready? Cabir is here.", Navya called for her and she yelled back before coming out pulling her luggage with her.

Cabir went and helped her.

"So many bags Cutie. How are you going to handle all of it alone?", Cabir asked as he pulled all the three bags outside.

" One is the designer outfits for all the events and the makeup. The second one has some shoes and some of the outfits for the collection and the third one had outfits for our Dehradun trip. I will be leaving from there only.", She explained and he nodded.

Navya was all ready to leave to her office after bidding Nandini bye.

" So when are we leaving?", Cabir asked as he glanced at the time and it was close to 5.

" Let Manik come and then we all will leave.", Nandini said as she looked at her phone.

" Okay. I will give him a call.", Cabir said and she nodded as she hugged Navya.

"Take care of yourself.", Navya said and Nandini nodded.

"I will miss you.", Nandini whispered to her.

"Me too. Don't worry we will video call and watch you live on the tv.", Navya said thinking of the surprise planned for her and Nandini nodded.

" Manik's not picking up the call.", Cabir said them.

" Maybe he's driving.", Navya reasoned and Cabir nodded.

Nandini frowned a little knowing he always put his phone on speaker to talk when he is driving and that was not the case here.

She quickly typed him a message seeing they were running out of time.

" Cutie. I think we should get going. Maybe he got stuck somewhere. It's already 15 minutes past 5. There's a traffic jam outside. You will get late.", Cabir asked her and she looked back at her message that was yet to be seen.

" 10 more minutes and then we can leave.", She requested and Cabir nods.

They talked for a while. Nandini's eyes drifting to her phone and the door every once in a while.

" I think we should leave now. Manik will call you later explaining. I am sure it must have been something important for him to not be here or inform anyone about his absence.", Cabir said her and she gave a slight nod knowing they can't wait for more.

Cabir smiled at her before taking her bags outside.

"He promised.", Nandini said Navya feeling hurt and disappointed at his absence.

"I am sure he is feeling worse for not being able to make it. Talk to him later.", Navya assured her and she nodded as they walked outside with the last bag.

Cabir helped put it in the car and they greeted Navya goodbye before leaving.

Nandini was silent looking outside as Cabir moved the car slowly being stuck in the traffic.

"Cutie you know him. If he couldn't have made it he would have told beforehand. Maybe he got an emergency to attend.", Cabir said cursing Manik for not responding to calls even.

" I know. ", She whispered.

" C'mon don't be like this with me. You can get angry at him when you see him.", Cabir said trying to cheer her up.