Chapter 39

Kalem's P.O.V

Having many people look at you was very very scary.

It made me wonder how Master did it all the time, because every time all the nice vampires looked at me, I wanted to pop away and hide while everything I pressed the pause button in my head for a little while.

And if I already did that, then nobody needed to know.

But even though I was super scared of saying something wrong and making everything go bad, I was really excited too! 

I was going to give a tour! My very own Kalem Tour!

I'd never done one before, but I'd never done something all on my own either without Aias or Lincoln near me. Since Master was being a Plyen and Aias was with his Malcolm, it made sense why I was so nervous. But I wanted to do this well all on my own, and maybe if I did, then I could do more things on my own.

Maybe I could be an in-de-pen-dent Kalem. Master said it would be good for me to stand on my own two feet, but that he'd always be right beside me even if I did.

Master was so sweet. 

I shake my head to get it to focus. It was tour time, not get lost in happy thoughts of Lincoln time. That was for later when I was alone with him and could get lost all night.

"Hi everyone!!!" I say with a wave as I press on my toes so I could see those in the back. 

More people than I thought would come showed up earlier, so sadly, I had to make some of them go away. Which I still felt bad about, but if I did it such a big group then I would never learn everyone's names and I really wanted to, so I promised the ones that had to go that I'd do another tomorrow and they could come to that one instead.

The ones who were allowed to stay smile back at me as they give me my very own wave, making my smile grow even wider because smiles were always a good sign. 

"I'll be showing you all the parts of the castle I can today, but its a super big castle, so if you need to take a break then just let me know," I say very seriously. I didn't want anyone getting tired from all the walking, and since I didn't have their super fast speed, I couldn't do it quickly. "Oh, and I'll try my very best to answer all your questions but I may not have all the answers, I'm still a bit new."

"And that's fine, cause we're new too," someone says, and I giggle when I see Raven waving at me beside all the other friends I made at dinner yesterday. "We're just excited for the tour and to get to know our Plyen's to be pair-mate."

Pair-mate. Master said that's what we'd be when I got full control over my magic since it would link us together forever. It made me want to work even harder to be the best elf I could so that that would happen soon.

"Yay," I say, only letting myself jump a bit to get my excitement out. I really wanted to pop around but that would be naughty so I hold it all in. "Let's start with all the places Master said that you have 'access' to."

Everyone nods and it gets even harder not to pop as I turn around and lead the way.

Leaving the area of the castle where they all lived, I lead them to the main castle library which was far bigger than the one Master had just for himself which meant that it took so much longer to clean up.

That day had been amazing!!

"Lincoln has put books in here from as many years as he could," I say as I stand near the door while they all have a quick look-about with their fast zooming, "there are all types of books for everyone to use, you just have to make sure you put it back when you're done."