Chapter 16

Picture of Linc up above

-----------

Kalem's P.O.V

I look up nervously up at Master, Aias and Master Malcolm. 

They were all staring down at me, a look of doubt shared between Aias and his Master while my Master looked only a little worried. I focus on my hands instead, watching them twist and turn while wishing I never did the pop.

I didn't think it was a bad thing, it helped me be a better Kalem for Master because I got around easier and cleaner quicker. I thought Master had given it to me for finally being a good slave to him, for being a good boy.

The trainers said only the best slaves got the privilege of tasting some of their Master's power, they said it only came to those who were good and did all we were trained to do perfectly. I'd been good recently, I hadn't upset Master at all, so I thought because I was being good... he gave me a piece of him, but he didn't.

So I was just being bad in secret.

"Are you sure you didn't imagine it?" Master Malcolm asks, I glance up to find him looking at my Master with disbelief all over his face. 

"I didn't imagine it," Master replies dismissively. 

"I won't judge you if you did, it could've been a drug... are you on drugs?" He asks with a little snort and chuckles to follow. "If you are, no need to feel ashamed, you've seen Wequie and I try wolfsbane."

"I am not on drugs Malcolm," Master says tightly, his eyes pulsing red for a moment.

"Well, if it's not drugs then maybe you're craving company." Master Malcolm offers with a small shrug. "There's only so much Kalem can do, he's trying his best. It's entirely possible you've been underground for too long, maybe you should get out more, make some friends."

"I do not imagine it," Master replies crisply, a sudden look of exhaustion coming over his face as he looked at his friend. "And I do not need any more friends, you are more than enough for me to deal with."

"What I'm hearing is that I am the equivalent of a group of friends," Master Malcolm says with a big grin. 

"Malcolm," Master warns

"My friendship is invaluable to you, irreplaceable and a treasure trove in your eyes," Master Malcolm voices before touching his chest with a soft look shifting through his features. "I'm touched, truly."

"I sense nothing but human on him," Aias says mindlessly, studying me with the same narrowed eyes he'd gotten since Master told everyone about my popping.

"I smell the same," Master Malcolm agrees as he looks me over.

I wish I never did pop.

I'd only done it a few times and only once with Master but it was already changing everything. Now everyone was looking at me like I was something different now, something bad, but I didn't feel any different. 

"I-I'm sorry." I manage before returning my attention to my hands.

"Nothing to be sorry about love," Master says as he bends down to cup my cheek with his large palm, I lean into it quickly loving having Master's hand on me. "We're just trying to figure out what exactly this may be, so we can deal with it properly."

I nod slowly, leaning into Master, even more, when he comes a little closer. I was scared and worried that Master may not want me if I wasn't the Kalem he thought I was, the one I thought I was. But if Master was still touching me then things couldn't be too bad, could they? I hoped they weren't, I never wanted to leave Master.