Chapter 10

Lincoln's P.O.V

Anger was an emotion I rarely felt. 

It didn't take more than a few decades of my life for me to realize that allowing myself to fedel such a dangerous emotion led to more trouble than it was worth. Not to mention, it demanded energy I wasn't willing to spare.

So I didn't get angry, not much.

But now, as I stared down at Kalem's trembling form, I couldn't access that part of me that gave me control. I couldn't pull myself together to soften my hold on his chin as I stared into his glazed eyes which were treating a waterfall of tears at any moment.

I couldn't bring myself to feel anything other than the deep-veined, reddened anger that pumped its way through my body with a strength I couldn't combat. 

"What did you do?" I growl again, unwilling to believe the scene I'd just witnessed and what it implicated.

Kalem's lips tremble as he tries to speak, words seeming to fail him as he stared at me with wide, fearful eyes. His attempts to pull away falling away as he surrendered under the weight of my fury.

"Master," He manages as more of a plead than anything else.

"No," I grind out, more to myself than Kalem. I couldn't let myself fall victim to my need to keep him happy, not when he possibly just did something irreversible. 

"M-Master." He whimpers once more. 

Feeling my grip tightening, I drop his chin and take a step back, ignoring the tears that coated Kalem's cheeks as I turned to face the one who truly deserved to feel the indisputable wrath that threatened to break free any moment.

Wequie was at the base of the staircase, the distance he'd put between us not nearly enough for him to survive. His smile was nervous as he rubbed his hands together, eyes darting down to my feet as I took my first step towards him only to lift to mine when I stood directly before him. 

"What was the deal?" I question, my voice cold and smooth as I studied him. My vision focused directly on him, ears pinged with the sound of his heart that beat erratically within him.

"You know us, incubus," He replies with a small chuckle to accompany his shrug. "We stick to our privacy policy."

"Privacy policy," I repeat slowly, letting my tongue sweep over my fangs. 

"Ye-" Wequie's words stick in the air as my fingers wrap around his throat, a chocked gasp escaping him as I slam him into the wall and keep him there.

"What was the deal?" I repeat for the last time, eyes bloodshot with the need to kill rising as he scrapped desperately at my fingers, his breaths short and desperate.

"Master!" Kalem warns but not before a knife-like edge sliced its way across the back of my neck, the agony rippling through my entire frame as I dropped Wequie. 

Stepping back, I let my fingers blanket my already healing nape as my own, cold blood coated my back. Kalem was by my side instantly, shaking with clear panic as he tried fusing over me but my attention was held by Wequie. His true form on full display as he coughed roughly, his tail raising behind him, the pointed edge wet with my blood.

"Okay, so maybe I underestimated how pissed you'd be," Wequie says glancing up at me, his best heaving as he pulled himself against the wall. "Never thought you'd try to fucking kill me."

"I told you not to touch him." I remind through clipped words. "Warned you to not do exactly this with him."

Kalem's grip around my arm was tight, his body still trembling as he pressed himself into me as if to hide himself for the situation that was all too big for him. Too much he was not nearly ready to see or understand, a fucking horrid situation he'd weaved himself into.