Chapter 48

Kalem's P.O.V

I peek into the last row of the library and grin when I find it empty.

I'd popped over so that nobody would see what I was doing on my top-secret mission but it was still hard tiptoeing my way around everyone's frozen bodies sometimes.

I never ever touched people when I popped, that was like a big bad.
I knew I could, but my head told me it was wrong so I didn't. Plus, I didn't want to risk hurting anyone. 

So I'd been extra careful as I tiptoed through the library, but I didn't have to be careful in this row because nobody was here! That made my top-secret, super important mission even easier.

I had a plan, a very good plan if I was letting myself feel proud of myself, which I was.

To be the strongest Kalem I could be, I had to go to the other nyphilim and find out everything they knew, but before we went, I had to figure out exactly where they were.

It was weird but in my heart, I could feel the nyphilim so strongly that I knew I could pop over and I'd be right where they were, wherever that was. It was like when I felt Aias' magic buzz sometimes in the castle and followed it to find him.

I knew that if I did the same thing with the nyphilim, I'd find them.

But knowing where the nyphilim was in my heart wouldn't be very helpful to Master when I told him about all the amazing things I'd done all on my own. 

Master liked plans, very detailed and perfect plans, and he would want to make one just like that before we went, to make sure we were all safe so that absolutely nothing could go wrong.

It was one of the many things that made Master so perfect!

So today, I was going to find the exact location of where the nyphilim was, and then I would tell Master everything! 

I hated keeping this all a secret from him in the first place.
Lincoln and I always shared everything so it was hard not sharing every detail right away, but I knew it would be better to wait until I had everything worked out so that Master wouldn't have to worry about the little things.

But I knew once I did, he'd be so so proud of me for working so hard, and Aias would be impressed with all the magic I did on my own for sure. Mr.W would probably call me sexy brains - I think that was a compliment - and Malcolm would give me nice sweet hugs!

Everyone would be so happy, and proud of me, and then we'd all go together so that I wouldn't have to face the other nyphilim alone.

Knowing that made it easier to do this and think of seeing them. I didn't really want to go, after all, they had left me in the slave house and that was a really horrible thing to do. If this wasn't important, I think I would never have sent my magic out in the first place.

But I needed to get stronger, for Master and the clan, so I can help them take down the meanie Diablos and whatever nasty plan he was making.

So, I would face the nyphilim with Master by my side, get strong and big, and then we'd win, together! And then, everything would be right again. Lincoln and I would be able to spend all our time together like we used to.

See? It's a very good plan!  

As I move down the library row, I squint my eyes the way Lincoln did when he was looking for something important, and search carefully for the books that had all the maps in them, the one called an atlas

It only takes me a few minutes before I spot the letters written on the side of a few of the biggest books on the shelves. I squeal my excitement before I cover my mouth to keep it in.