Chapter 53

A/N - Please don't play the song until told, it's best to wait til the right time

-----

Lincoln's P.O.V

"Master, when you finish beating all the bad guys, and this is all over, what do you want to do first?"

I find myself frowning while I try to think of an answer to Kalem's sudden question.

It'd quite literally come out of nowhere. Not too long ago, we were rutting against one another, sharing each desperate breath before we'd spent ourselves completely. I'd thought Kalem had fallen asleep in the exhausted tangle of limb we'd fallen in, but apparently not.

"Do you not know?" Kalem asks when I don't immediately answer, his messy head of brown lifting to reveal a small pout that made my heart try to pump again. "It's okay if you don't know Lincoln. Sometimes questions can be really hard."

My lips spread, "They can be, but I do know what I want to do," I reply as I pull him closer, intertwining our fingers atop my chest so I could have more to him, "I'm just having trouble finding my words, love. You've sapped me." 

I'd started trying to use Kalem's word of the week with him to help him learn, and while I was sure that was part of the reason his pout morphed into a massive grin, it was too proud to be the only reason. 

My boy clearly took pride in draining me. There was no denying it with the giggles he made against my chest.

"I'm not sorry," Kalem replies, his devious smile growing wider by the second.

I loved these sides to my boy, the mix of sweet and sinful, innocent and wrecked, that somehow converged inside of him. It was intoxicating.

Shaking my head, I pull my love in for a kiss that has him relaxing against me like wet sand. The ease of it makes warmth flood my insides, attempting to fill me with the light he carried so freely within him and shared so graciously with me. 

"When this is all over, and our enemies are no more," I whisper against his lips, "I plan to show you the world, love."

Kalem frowns a little, his head tipping as if he'd never even considered such a thing while such thoughts were what kept me going.

During the lengthy excursions we made to weaken Diablos, where I could only think of returning to my love, I filled my mind with all the ways we'd enjoy the fruits of our labour in the future.

I wanted to show him everything and be there to see his reactions to it all.

How would Kalem react to having a monkey on his shoulder? Would he burn with excitement and love or be too terrified to move? I couldn't wait to see the first time he would see rain, I knew he'd love the open pour from within my arms. 

I imagined the rainforests of South America would take his breath away, as would the unruly cold of Iceland in the winter months. And what of a trip at sea - would my love be prone to seasickness?

That was only within our realm; there were treasures beyond it that I couldn't wait to show with him, knowing he'd love them all.

"I'd enjoy showing you the better parts of this world," I continue as I run my free hand through his hair, pushing it back so I can see all of him. "You've seen so much of the worst, too much. I want to offer you a different perspective."

Kalem's lips quickly spread into an excitable smile as he wiggles above me, interest sparking behind his hazel eyes, "What kinds of things would you show me, Master?"