Chapter 55

DOUBLE UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

🎉😭❤️🥰🙃😮‍💨😂💕😭🙃😅🎉🙏🥲😏🧍🏿‍♀️🙂🙏🤤

Lmfao just all the emotions😊 I hope you guys enjoy!!❤️

AND COMMENT PLEASE

------------

Kalem's P.O.V

Aias' magic was just like the streams he loved. It started in a small trickle that was hard to find before it spread wide, becoming a storm of pure power that washed over anything in its path.

Usually, when I felt that storm, my heart had no choice but to beat as fast as it could to keep up with my joy because I always felt joy at seeing Aias again. But now, for the first time, it pounded hard for another reason.

"They've found us already,"

Zhoron's haunted whisper draws my gaze away from the direction of Aias' quickly approaching magic and back to him. When I do, I spot the one thing I never expected to see in his colourless eyes, fear.

But when he looks at me, I know the fear there is not for himself, but me. 

It disappears in a flash as if it had never been there at all, blotted out by the black that rapidly bleeds into his eyes again while his features harden into a set of harsh lines I knew too well.

"Zhoron," His name barely leaves my lips before he spreads his wings wide. They take up everything in my sight as he swiftly wraps them around us and pops us away.

The feeling is weird with him. It's not wrong or bad, just different but familiar too, like another side to my magic that I'd forgotten existed. 

Thankfully, it isn't anything like my last pop, the painful one that had made me hurt for so long. It's gentle and easy, but maybe that was because Zhoron had only popped us over to another mountaintop instead of a new country. 

Where we landed gave us an open view of where we'd been only a second ago, the type of vantage point that was perfect for an attack.

"I will deal with them," Zhoron states, tone void of everything but the will to slaughter as his outline shifts, reading for a fight.

Starting from the soles of his feet, streaks of black start scaling his body, covering every inch of his pale skin in midnight ink that hardens into sleek armour at his silent command. Behind him, his wings bunch, pulling close together until their edges sharpen like swords. 

I stare up at Zhoron as he plucks his name blade from the endless darkness of his wings, completing his image of death reawakened, and a vision of Aias laying limply beneath him in a puddle of his own blood flits across my mind.

It's that horrible site that has me scrambling forward.

"No!" I beg, latching onto Zhoron's arm before he could pop back. "You can't!"

Zhoron's stoned frown hardens, "If you still worry for my health," he starts, only to stop when I shake my head desperately.

"You can't hurt Aias,"

Zhoron stills as if he'd been shocked, and far too quickly, his confusion shifts, threatening to become something else, something dreadful like suspicion. 

"Aias?" He repeats, the word laced with venom.

I didn't curse, even in my head, because that was bad, but right now, I really wanted to say the baddest word I knew.